PDA

View Full Version : Okay- I admit it - online poker is rigged

Cleveland Guy
10-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Last night playing in SnG I get blessed to get KK early on, and get some fool in against me with his QJ on a Q high board after the flop

Then I get AA and get it all in pre-flop against AK, and I hold up. 2 for 2 - things seem to be going okay.

Then it starts to happen. With blinds at 150/300 and me the chip leader we are 4 handed. I get KK, and I take it in a walk? How dare they NOT give someone a hand worth playing in this situation. If figure it's okay, I'm due to get one more AA yet this tournament, so I figure I'm still in good shape.

Low and behold, we are down to 3 handed, I am the chip leader with 8,000 and I get my AA. Just as I had planned for, 2 KK and 2 AA in the same tournament. Hell, I knew this was gonna happen to my seat, it's why I picked it.

I have 8,000 in the SB, and min-raise to 800. BB with about 4,500 left calls me.

Flop comes K rag rag rainbow. He pushes 1K more into the pot - I reraise making him go all in. All going according to plan. He turns over his KQ, and I'm smiling. I couldn't have planned this better if I had tried.

Then the turn comes - another blank. I'm looking at that big first place cash, when all of a sudden it happens - THE RIVER.

It's a Queen. This wasn't supposed to happen. My personal random number generator told me that a 3 was coming. Who let him hit his 5 outer on the river?

Damn- Internet poker must be rigged.

To summerize
AA- 2 Times, one knock out, one loss
KK- 2 Times, 1 knock out, one walk.

3 out of 4 wins with AA or KK, knocked out 2 people,

Hmm.. yeah that time he hit his 5 outer, it must have been rigged.

(Sarcasm intended)

Xelent
10-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Call the authorities!

PugX
10-21-2004, 01:43 PM
I lost a big hand this evening... I had KK.. we went all in on the turn. He made his flush on the river. I guess he was paying Crypto for this. How big is his chanses? I guess 1 vs 4 or so... Rigged of course! 1 in 4 dont happen! Never ever!

//Pug /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tek
10-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Online poker COULD be rigged. Here is one reason why. Even with the poker boom, there are many poker site. It costs money to advertise and draw fish, I mean players in. Do the poker sites wnat some good players to filet all the fish and reduce the customer base? Do the sites then want the good players to cash out and reduce the base of cash that could re subject to future rakes?

The solution would be RNG's that adapt to certain players at a table. If a player is winning too much the RNG (or actually N-RNG) would help fish suck out until that good player lost some cash.

In conclusion, perhaps poker sites would like to create a communist system on their sites... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cleveland Guy
10-21-2004, 02:12 PM
I love it. i post a thread mocking all the people who say online poker is rigged, and a guy comes out to defend how it might be.

Too funny!

Leo Bello
10-21-2004, 02:22 PM
U have the same impression as me. Everytime I lose I think it is rigged, cause I simply could not have lost.

spacemonkey57
10-21-2004, 02:31 PM
I was playing a $5+.50 at UB yesterday and a guy that got sucked out on accused the chipleader of working for UB. He was quite angry about it, so I assume he wasn't being sarcastic. I guess he assumed they'd cheat at the $5 level so that nobody caught on.

tek
10-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd add to yours. I wasn't really reading your comment.

I don't play online, but I know some who do.

Cleveland Guy
10-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Thank you - you missed my point both times

Greg J
10-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Dude, it's not only the tournaments! I play exclusively ring games, and today I had KK. This guy other guy had like 58o, cold calling my raise preflop. the flop comes: 4JK rainbow, I bet he calls. Turn: 6; bet, call. River: 7; bet, raise, call.

If this anecdote isnt 100% empirical proof that online poker is rigged, I don't know what is!

Freakin
10-21-2004, 05:21 PM
I got that beat. A friend of mine is a rather terrible online poker player. So he's drunk one night and playing .25/.50NL on Gaming Club, screenname Theviper. He's "gotta see the flop," so of course he does. With his 84o. Flop comes K72 rainbow. He bets (god knows why), it gets raised behind him, then one other guy goes all-in for like $60 (Our hero has about $45 at the time). He calls. Other guy calls for $50 or so. Turn comes 6. River comes 5. My friend hit his 2 gap backdoor straight draw to take down AK and KK. Guy with KK says "How the hell did you call that, viper?" Hero says "Cause I got balls, son!". Guy with KK says "That is brutally apparent."

Hero doubled up at least once more that night before losing it all. He still believes poker is "all luck."

Freakin