PDA

View Full Version : AJs, flop a billion spades

TheHip41
10-21-2004, 08:07 AM
5-10 MCC Live

Good mix of decent, bad, and really bad players. Villian in this hand has cold called my raises with 83s before. I felt it was about 50-50 of him having a made flush, or a pair with a /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

2 folds, 1 call, I raise, 2 cold calls, Blinds fold, Limper calls, 4 to the flop

J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Limper checks, I bet, Retard raises, 1 fold, Limper calls, Hero...

What's my plan for the rest of this hand? I was a little unsure of how to proceed

crockett
10-21-2004, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I felt it was about 50-50 of him having a made flush, or a pair with a spade

[/ QUOTE ]

If you truly believe this then you should fold.

You will not get enough of a return on your investment vs. the number of times you will win. There is also another opponent to consider as well.

jtr
10-21-2004, 08:31 AM
You've said that "retard" called with all sorts of junk preflop, but how aggressive is he postflop? Does he have the cojones to pull a semi-bluff raise here with just a high spade, or indeed bluff with nothing?

I can think of two lines here: 1) if Mr. R. has been really passive postflop, I'd just drop it right there, given the presence of the other opponent. 2) if Mr. R. has been mixing it up a little, I'd call and bet out on a non-spade turn, then play it from there. Folding to a turn raise seems likely.

TheHip41
10-21-2004, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can think of two lines here: 1) if Mr. R. has been really passive postflop, I'd just drop it right there, given the presence of the other opponent. 2) if Mr. R. has been mixing it up a little, I'd call and bet out on a non-spade turn, then play it from there. Folding to a turn raise seems likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be any of three things. He cold called me with 83s and flopped a flush, and raised the flop, I had AQs with no pair, so i folded when it was 2 more back to me.

I saw him also raise with the naked Ace flush draw on a monotone board. He also raised two pair on a flop like this. He was catching some cards /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To answer, he wasn't overly aggresive, but his raise didn't mean FLUSH for sure.

Quindle
10-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Surely you're glad of the raise and it's an easy 3-bet. Far more likely retard has high spade or indeed any pair than a flush. Worst case scenario, you still have running outs. You don't mind retard reraising either, if it helps knock the limper out.

You bet out the turn either way, and seriously reconsider if you get raised again.