PDA

View Full Version : Iran Endorses Bush

Matty
10-21-2004, 04:24 AM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/0/187838-8290-010.html

GWB
10-21-2004, 05:59 AM
That's just a cover story. You have to follow the money. The money tells you who they really want:

Kerry's Iran scandal (http://washingtontimes.com/commentary/20041014-084639-5209r.htm)

Matty
10-21-2004, 08:09 AM
You realize that was just a commentary piece right? With a big "Dump Daschle" ad right in the middle of it.

Speaking of following the money, let's do that!

http://www.realjournalism.net/times.htm

Where does it lead us to? A raving lunatic who claims to be God- that's where.

Felix_Nietsche
10-21-2004, 11:21 AM
LOL....This story is laughable.
In the future, please post these stories under the commedy/humor section.

Yes, the current regime in Iran still quakes with fear at the mere mention of Jimmy Carter's name.... For those of you who did not grow up with President Jimmy "the wimp" Carter, that fool was largely responsible for the Shah of Iran being overthrown and these religious nutcakes taking over Iran. Then of course the Iranians were SOOOOOO scared of the Democrat Jimmy "Iron Man" Carter, they stormed the American embassy and held these US citizens hostage for over a year. What did Jimmy Carter do... Nothing. Then a man named Ronald Reagan got elected and the hostages were quickly released.... Mmmmmmm..... Who are you going to believe, what the Iranians SAY or your LYING EYES.....

The one good thing that came from Jimmy Carter's Presidency was the US got so disgusted with Jimmy Carter that "radical Barry Goldwater Conservative" Ronald Reagan got elected. People wept during Reagan's funeral. You'll have to search hard for those who weep during Jimmy Carter's funeral.... I'd rather have 20 years of Clinton/Gore than one more year of Jimmy Carter Presidency.....

The truth is the Iranian Regime is fearful of an American attack. Now who is more likely to attack Iran? Bush or Kerry? Mmmmmmmm....... Please, this is a sophmoric attempt by the Iranians to help John Kerry using "reverse psychology".

PhatTBoll
10-21-2004, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then of course the Iranians were SOOOOOO scared of the Democrat Jimmy "Iron Man" Carter, they stormed the American embassy and held these US citizens hostage for over a year. What did Jimmy Carter do... Nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The agreement to release the hostages was made under Carter's administration. They were released once Reagan was inaugurated. Reagan didn't really have much to do with this.

[ QUOTE ]
People wept during Reagan's funeral. You'll have to search hard for those who weep during Jimmy Carter's funeral

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty classless thing to say.

[ QUOTE ]
Now who is more likely to attack Iran? Bush or Kerry?

[/ QUOTE ]

A declawed, three-legged, arthritic housecat is more likely to attack Iran than either of them.

LinusKS
10-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Can you blame them?

I mean, Iran - a fundamentalist government with real ties to terrorism and a real nuclear program - got to sit back and watch while the US dismembered Iraq over fake ties to terrorism and an imaginary WMD's.

They must have been laughing their asses off.

If I was the Ayatollah of Iran, I'd be supporting Bush too.

LinusKS
10-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Imagine - Iran accomplishes their single most important foreign policy goal - the removal of Saddam Hussein and the installation of a Shia government in Iraq - and they don't have to pay a cent or a single pint of blood to do it.

AND they get to keep working on their nukes, because Bush is too busy with Iraq to say "boo" about it.

mmbt0ne
10-21-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll have to search hard for those who weep during Jimmy Carter's funeral.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've grown up with Jimmy Carter's grandson. Went to elementary school with him, now go to college with him. I've spent weeks at his house, with him and his parents and brothers. And, luckily, I've even had the pleasure of getting to meet and hang out with his grandfather. I think I could point you in the direction of plenty of people who will openly weep when President Carter passes.

Felix_Nietsche
10-21-2004, 06:50 PM
My feelings towards Jimmy Carter have change twice in my life.

Initial Feelings:
When I was in high school, Jimmy Carter was president. Inflation was at 20%, the Iranians seized the American hostages, and he gave away the Panama Canal which by treaty was US property. I thought he was a very HONEST, SINCERE, and INTELLIGENT man. BUT...I thought he was a disaster as president and his policies hurt the USA temendously. As president he was foolish and dangerous. I concede I was extremely angry at him for the mess he made of the USA.

First Change:
As an ex-president, my feelings towards him changed. His work with Habitat for Humanity and other organizations (e.g. American Chessnut Society) made him known as a "great ex-president". I agreed with this label. I started to respect the man.

2nd change:
When Jimmy Carter intervened with North Korea during the Clinton Administration, I groaned. He screwed that up just like he did when he was president. THEN, has said some VERY, VERY, CLASSLESS things abour Bush43. Some of which he has apologized for. Some he has not. So NOW, the respect that I had developed for Jimmy Carter is gone.....

I'm sure he is a VERY nice man one-on-one. BUT....based on his words and deeds, I do not care for him. I would even argue Jimmy Carter's weak responses to terrorism encouraged more terrorist attackes against the US.

As for the response that Carter negotiated the release of the hostages....please post that story in the humor forum.

PhatTBoll
10-21-2004, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the response that Carter negotiated the release of the hostages....please post that story in the humor forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to read a little closer. I didn't say that Carter negotiated for the hostages' release (even though he did, unsuccessfully). What I said is that the release was negotiated for under his administration, which means he was President when it happened. If you drank a beer in Point Barrow, Alaska, in 1978, you did it under the Carter administration, even though he had nothing to do with it. Your post implied that Reagan magically swooped in and got those hostages home safe after that jerk Carter did absolutely nothing about it. This is simply false.

There is plenty to criticize about Jimmy Carter without resorting to blatant mischaracterization of the facts.