PDA

View Full Version : KK gainst the paired board.

Quercus
10-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Brand new to this table.

Occured about 3 minutes after my last hand. Similar example.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (13 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

Gatts
10-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Not much you can do.

Jimbobobb
10-21-2004, 02:51 AM
Interesting hand. Flop and turn bets seem pretty standard. What was your plan if raised on the turn?

The river raise is pretty unfortunate. Without a read it's hard to lay this down, and at these limits you're probably good the one in 13ish you need. If UTG + 2 had called and button had still raised, I would have folded to pretty much anyone who I don't think is a complete maniac. Would check call have been a poor line on this river? I usually take the value bet approach to unknowns, expecting them to call me with all sorts of garbage until they prove otherwise. I really can't see a different way to play it unless you either give your opponents the benefit of the doubt or miss a bet.

Quercus
10-21-2004, 03:54 AM
If raised on the turn, I call down.

I think a check/call on the river would have been fine, but I honestly didn't see many hands could have a ten in them that made much sense to have come in preflop and stuck around to the turn. AT perhaps, but even that I would have expected to be dumped on the flop.

Villain turned over Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif and MHIG.

Just thought this was a good example of why the instant thought of "oh crap, I just got crushed" when you get raised on an ugly card at the river isn't always correct.

Jimbobobb
10-21-2004, 03:56 AM
Very nice. People for the buddy list!

raccon
10-21-2004, 03:58 AM
Hehe, he thought that he had three pairs. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

helpmeout
10-21-2004, 05:55 AM
There are a lot of hands that he can have, any flush draw, QT T8 slow playing a J even.

He may have thought you had A9s or that you were overplaying AK.

You cant fold it but you cant raise, seems pretty standard.

TheHip41
10-21-2004, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain turned over Q 8 and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just see this guy hitting the river Q and thinking, yes!!, i have two pair, I can beat aces!!! LOL /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love party