PDA

View Full Version : Schilling in Game 1 or 2?

J5983
10-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Well? I think it's 2, so he can pitch game 6 on normal rest. He can't pitch in 3/4/5 because he can't go into the batter's box. But would 1/6 be better? Or is there a rest day in there?

nolanfan34
10-21-2004, 01:24 AM
Who pitches game one if he doesn't? Wakefield I guess? That will be interested regardless of who he faces, since both NL teams don't exactly get to face a knuckleballer that often.

ThaSaltCracka
10-21-2004, 01:45 AM
why not Pedro. They way I see it, both Schilling and Pedro need to pitch two games each, no matter what.

GuyOnTilt
10-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Does it really matter? I mean, the Sox have to have figured out by now that they're doomed to lose to the 'Stros regardless of how they decide to manage their starters. Playing the WS out is really a formality at this point; the 'Stros are getting the rings.

Don't hate me; I'm just the messenger.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
10-21-2004, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does it really matter? I mean, the Sox have to have figured out by now that they're doomed to lose to the 'Stros regardless of how they decide to manage their starters. Playing the WS out is really a formality at this point; the 'Stros are getting the rings.

Don't hate me; I'm just the messenger.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

You are more absurd than the average red sox fan.

craig r
10-21-2004, 02:54 AM
Francona might look like a genius next to Garner (assuming Astros make it....and i want them to make it)

craig

sublime
10-21-2004, 03:52 AM
GoT-

I am rooting for the stros in game 7, but you really think they will beat the sox?

you need another sabbatical from poker to clear your mind /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sublime
10-21-2004, 03:53 AM
You are more absurd than the average red sox fan.

do i qualify as an average sox fan salty?

CCass
10-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I am no Dr. (and I don't play one on TV), but given the fact that Schilling's foot has to be stapled to the rest of his body for him to even pitch, I don't see how he can start Game 1 on 3 days rest. So my guess is he starts games 2 and 6.

And FWIW, I think Schilling's game 6 performance was off the charts, maybe even better than Roy Hobbs getting out of the hospital bed to hit that HR.