PDA

View Full Version : Some 10/20 hands

joker122
10-21-2004, 01:17 AM
Hand 1:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

Hand 2:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Hand 3:

Opponent in this hand was solid.

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $10.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Nate tha' Great
10-21-2004, 01:53 AM
(1) Looks okay. There are a class of tricky opponents against whom you could consider raising the turn, but I think that's more trouble than it's worth.

(2) Fine.

(3) Usually the nut flush draw is going to make itself heard from on a monotone flop, so I think you have to assume that you are ahead. The obvious thing is simply to bet to collect value, though this is one of those rare spots where it may be best to check behind on the turn with the intention of raising any river bet. Either of these plays are better than the weak line that you took.

joker122
10-21-2004, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(3) Usually the nut flush draw is going to make itself heard from on a monotone flop, so I think you have to assume that you are ahead. The obvious thing is simply to bet to collect value, though this is one of those rare spots where it may be best to check behind on the turn with the intention of raising any river bet. Either of these plays are better than the weak line that you took.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, considering that my opponent played well, I for some reason thought he would fold a hand without a diamond or fold a weak diamond on the turn. I then thought I could collect a bet from one of these hands on the river by checking the turn. The reason I didn't raise the river is because I thought he was capable of folding one of the aforementioned hands but 3betting with the nut flush (which is a very possible hand considering the flop).

But, this is me just reading to much into it. The fact is I have the second nuts and I need to bet for value, like you said.

spydog
10-21-2004, 06:06 AM
Hand 1: Why fold the turn? You have a flush draw. This looks like a bluff attempt on a very scary turn card. I call the turn.

Hand 2: I like.

Hand 3: Bet the turn. I kill for hands like these!! Just because he's solid, doesn't mean he always has a better hand than you.

Analyst
10-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Hand 1: The flush draw could give you the outs that you need, but I'd discount them somewhat on the chance that MP has a diamond overcard. That, plus the two 7 outs, to me tip the scale enough to call. Fold the river unimproved (weak, no?), call/bet a diamond, bet/raise a 7.

Hand 2: Good play. I assume that the thought here is that there's no upside to a river raise. You're likely to get one more bet in the pot whether you raise or call, and a raise leaves you open to an unwelcome re-raise from MP.

Hand 3: what the others said - you have to get at least one more bet in there, either on the turn or on the river.