PDA

View Full Version : Well he did not 3-bet pre-flop so...

Wada
10-21-2004, 01:12 AM
I continued to raise... Was I being too aggressive?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

StellarWind
10-21-2004, 01:37 AM
The turn bet by an unknown micro player is very scary.

You have played strongly and received a king on the flop. Most micro players will not bet again unless they can beat AK. What does seem to be popular is doing the stop-n-go with a monster. A flopped set or K9 would not surprise me at all.

Of course the ten on the turn is a bad sign because it makes many common two-pairs and two different connector-based straights.

Call the turn and call one bet on the river when you don't improve.

Vern
10-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Maybe I am blind but this looks like a good play, regardless of the outcome. You raise PF with a good hand. Hit your hand and raise it. If the turn helped him, he would re-raise you, the fact that he did not makes me think you are ahead. He never raised you so TPGK is not a bad hand. I would be more interested in having the CO in my game, CC'ed three times then folded for a bet in a huge pot, what could he have been playing?

milesdyson
10-21-2004, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...Hit your hand and raise it. If the turn helped him, he would re-raise you, the fact that he did not makes me think you are ahead...

[/ QUOTE ]
Extremely results-oriented.

This play is very common of sets or any two pair. If he has a low two pair (which is very common when you face a stop-n-go), you're just handing chips to the guy instead of seeing the showdown cheaply.

He won't reraise you on the turn here with 96 (or many other hands you're losing to).

Vern
10-21-2004, 04:03 AM
I don't know if I agree. There are three other players in on the turn, the original bettor on the flop and now turn, someone who has called one each time the action hits him and one who has cold called called behind you on the flop. I think raising the turn does two good things, one, it may get CO to fold or play without odds. Second, if someone three bets it, I know top pair has no chance and I will be done with it. After raising the turn, I would be more tempted to check through on the river but betting when no one has played back at you is not bad. Had BB bet the river, I would have called one.
I fail to see how this is result orientated, I have no idea if he won or lost or what the opponents hands were. OP reported a PFR with a good hand, he articulated no reads so basic play. He hit one of his two cards. Raises the flop and gets bet into on the turn. You either get passive and call it down or raise and find out if you are ahead or behind.

helpmeout
10-21-2004, 05:42 AM
Why would he stop and go if he didnt have 2 pair or better? Its not like you would go for a freecard on that board.

Respect the turn bet and go into call down mode unless you improve on the river.

Wada
10-21-2004, 11:45 PM
BB took down the pot with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif

What do you guys think now?

Vern
10-22-2004, 07:00 AM
The same as miles got me to understanding, play PF and flop the same, then either raise the river with intent to fold to a re-raise but check on the river or call it down once he leads back into you on the turn. The cards he showed in the end only matter to the notes you make on him, not how you play this hand.