PDA

View Full Version : What software is available to a pacific poker player?

NicholasC
10-21-2004, 12:12 AM
Hello all,
I am new to this forum but have scanned through some of it and found the articles quite interesting. First a quick poker intro. I generally play tournaments and a little limit game at 50/$1. Have many ups and downs and currently am broke in terms of bankroll after going on a bad run for a few days, mainly my own fault. However persistant i am. I will have a bankroll of about $100 and I would like to know what software is available to aid me in tracking my opponents and what tournament book to buy for say $10+1 tournaments. Generally I play quite tight, face cards/ suited connectors and high pairs(99s or higher). I usually do well but against a tight game I struggle a little.

Any advice would be appreciated. Have read vorhaus's books on Killer Poker and Internet Poker, Sklansky's Hold-em poker, Doyles Super System and also have Poker Essay's 1 by Malmuth. Still feel i need some info on how tight or loose to play in tournaments for no limit games. Judging opponents seems to be my main weakness. Or Bluffing at the wrong time.

Is it correct to throw say AK when a flop comes Q94 all unsuited? It is a normal play for me and I am never sure if it is the right one. For amounts, say 15/30 with 2 callers and one bets $100 into a $300 pot. My thinking is generall if you dont hit and they represent strength get out. Unless I notice they are stealing a lot, but even then is it worth it if you don't hit?

Sorry this is so long but I have a lot to learn.

Thank you for reading this,
Nick

luckydog
10-21-2004, 06:47 AM
I'm just learning limit poker so I can't help with recommendations on tournaments.
I play at Pacific also and as far as I know there is no software available that will allow you to track your play like you can at other sites.
This is because you cannot download hand histories like other sites. I think that Poker Tracker (PT) will allow you to enter hand histories manually if you really want to. You should check www.pokertracker.com. (http://www.pokertracker.com.)
I have recently started playing at Paradise so that I can begin to collect stats with PT although I still play at Pacific.

Luckydog