PDA

View Full Version : Quote from director of FarenHYPE 9/11

vulturesrow
10-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Director Alan Peterson may seem like an unlikely person to battle one of the world's most famous (or infamous) filmmakers. Before 9/11, Peterson was a conventional liberal. But seeing the second plane hit the World Trade Center that morning changed him forever.

"Prior to that moment, I had considered myself an intellectual liberal. One of those people who think that they are superior because they believe they are privy to some hidden knowledge that the rest of the world doesn't understand; a knowledge that lets you belittle our government and nation because, of course, you know more than they do. In that single, horrific moment, I realized how stupid I was."

Peterson, a long-time freelance director and producer, saw his liberalism melt away in that instant. When Moore's antiwar film became the left-wing must-see movie this summer, Peterson decided something had to be done to counter it. Executive producers Lee Troxler and Jeff Hays agreed, and hired Peterson to direct a film that would respond directly to Fahrenheit 9/11.

This was part of an article on this movie. You can read the story (http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/preston200410200837.asp) here.

Daliman
10-20-2004, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Prior to that moment, I had considered myself an intellectual liberal. One of those people who think that they are superior because they believe they are privy to some hidden knowledge that the rest of the world doesn't understand; a knowledge that lets you belittle our government and nation because, of course, you know more than they do. In that single, horrific moment, I realized how stupid I was."

[/ QUOTE ]

If a plance hitting a building told him THAT, then he probably never realized how stupid he was/is for a very good reason.

elwoodblues
10-21-2004, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Prior to that moment, I had considered myself an intellectual liberal. One of those people who think that they are superior because they believe they are privy to some hidden knowledge that the rest of the world doesn't understand; a knowledge that lets you belittle our government and nation because, of course, you know more than they do. In that single, horrific moment, I realized how stupid I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I have a different kind of superior knowledge...

andyfox
10-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Why do non-liberals think liberals belittle our government and our nation?

elwoodblues
10-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Only while they are in power. When liberals have the power, it's all "wag the dog" when we go to war.

EarlCat
10-21-2004, 09:21 PM
I bought that off of Overstock.com a couple weeks ago (and yes, I paid my $8 and saw that other movie in the theatres). In 'Hype, Michael Moore gets exposed for what he really is... a lying propagandist.

Nepa
10-21-2004, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do non-liberals think liberals belittle our government and our nation?

[/ QUOTE ]

You will not get an answer to this question. I want to know as well.

Nepa
10-21-2004, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only while they are in power. When liberals have the power, it's all "wag the dog" when we go to war.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the right knows how to handle power. If they did Bush would be winning in a landside.