PDA

View Full Version : woah, where did this bet come from? good fold?

Tyler Durden
10-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB

TwoNiner
10-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Oops I misread thinking there was an extra caller. It makes it tougher but I'm thinking it's still a good fold though. If you had a strong kicker it would be a tougher laydown, but I think your alright to fold here unless you have specific info on these guys to suggest otherwise. Good chance UTG is calling with a better queen, sb looks like a possible ratty two pair or a queen. The combined threat is enough for me to lay it down.

Edit:

Okay, the MP caller reappeared to me. Definitely a good fold. This Astros loss has me all flustered.

Diplomatdcm
10-20-2004, 11:44 PM
Bleck, I think I call.

rory
10-21-2004, 01:44 AM
I usually raise the turn here.

-rory

Tyler Durden
10-21-2004, 09:35 AM
The turn bettor turned two pair w/ 97. I'm surprised he didn't c/r, b/c I was going to bet for sure.

The guy who raised the river made a gutshot straight w/ 53 to take the pot.

I think that the chances I'm already beat plus the chance that I'm likely to get outdrawn make this a good fold in the long run.

1800GAMBLER
10-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Given the action i think you are behind here a good percentage of the time.

Anyone saying you should call down should start to think more about free showdown plays because, if you feel you should go to showdown, you should most def. raise then check the river.

ResidentParanoid
10-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Haven't read the results, but you are dead too often to continue on the turn. And of course, you could be outdrawn as well. Way too big a field for queens-no-kicker.