PDA

View Full Version : Weak fold on the river in a live game?

Lawrence Ng
10-20-2004, 09:16 PM
I am playing a $40-$80 live game with a full kill.

It hasn't been one orbit yet. Villain here is a new player and I do not have much of a read except he's a pretty social guy and is wearing tons of jewellry. He's a small Vietnamese guy and from the past few hands he's played almost every hand, so far I would say he's LAG pre-flop.

This is a kill hand. UTG posts the kill for $80. Villain calls, guy next to him folds. I look down and see Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and raise to $160. All fold back to UTG who calls and Villain calls.

Flop comes 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

UTG checks, Villain bets, I raise, UTG calls 2 cold. Villain 3 bets, I call, UTG calls.

Turn comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG checks, Villain bets, I raise, UTG folds, Villain 3-bets, I call.

River comes 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG bets, I fold.

Villain for the most bet very strong throughout and showed no hesitation or signs of weakness. Based on tells, he was clearly not afraid of an overpair.

Yobz
10-20-2004, 09:35 PM
12.5BB after turn or so and you fold to 1 bet w/an overpair? at least pay off the 1 bet for information, your getting 13.5-1 to call after he bets...

etizzle
10-20-2004, 10:33 PM
UTG obviously has an 8. No way he bluffs here, nor does he cold call all those bets without an 8.

Tommy Angelo
10-20-2004, 11:40 PM
"Flop comes 6 7 9 . UTG checks, Villain bets, I raise, UTG calls 2 cold. Villain 3 bets"

I think that's a good spot to say okay, enough, let's have a showdown. If you're lucky enough to not be drawing dead or slim, then there's a ton of outs to beat you, and you won't necessarily know when they get there or not anyway. I'd back down and call down and probably bet the river if checked to.

Tommy