PDA

View Full Version : Making the most out of monster hands

Greg J
10-20-2004, 08:53 PM
I part of my game I have been working on is making the most out of my monster hands. What do you think of my play on these? No reads -- multi-tabling.

Hand 1:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Greg is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Greg calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Greg calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Hand 2:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Greg is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Greg completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Greg bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Greg checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Greg caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Greg bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Klak
10-20-2004, 09:42 PM
those look good. theres not much more you can squeeze out of either hand. good work

wabe
10-20-2004, 10:28 PM
Not a lot to worry about on either hand. On the first hand, you can afford to slowplay that to the river. Why not raise the turn?

phixxx
10-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Because a turn raise looks more like a flush, where a river raise looks more like two pair. Or a straight :/

Piiop
10-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Hand 1 - I would raise the flop. Raising the flop should not look like a made flush, since you raised preflop. Also, many loose opponents will call 2 on the flop with the lone Kd, a J, or str8 draw. After you raise the flop, you're now in control of the betting. This means you won't be shutting players out with a bet, but someone may raise you - allowing you to 3-bet. Loose opponents are much more likely to call 2 on the flop (cheap street) then the turn (expensive street) or river (when they've missed their draw).