PDA

View Full Version : 88 in a big multiway

Belok
10-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Not sure how well I played this, Turns out I was beat by everyone the whole time...
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

River: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB

wabe
10-20-2004, 11:20 PM
First, please don't tell us the results, even if implied.

Second, I bet the flop, because I don't think eights and threes is strong enough to check-raise the flop. If I get raised, I call and fold unimproved on the turn.

Aaron W.
10-21-2004, 12:22 AM
I think the flop check-raise is fine, but betting out is probably a little better (check-call and check-fold are bad). You can be pretty certain that the button will bet it if it's checked to him, so I really doubt that you're going to give up a free card. But the problem is that you're on the opposite side of the table as the preflop raiser. So a check-raise doesn't really do a good job of making the field face two bets. But it does get more money in with something that's probably ahead right now.

But since you check-raised, it's worth betting out when the ace falls. (It's a big pot - over 10 BB - so take one more stab at it).

Based on your comments and the play, I would expect that you would have been check-raised on the turn by BB, and you could have let it go then.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-22-2004, 05:13 AM
Don't post the results or say what other people have because that might influence the way we respond to it.

that said. the flop checkraise is very nice. thats how you protect your hand.

but when you checkraise this flop, you should generally auto-bet ANY turn. Yes, that is a scary card for you but you gotta bet it just in case you do have the best hand.

by checking it through you invite worse hands to bluff you out of the pot or put you in troublesome spots where you think you might be getting bluffed and make incorrect calls.

that said, you might want to call this river. it's a pretty big pot and he might be betting a seven, but fold to any raises.