PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 hand

HammerinHank
10-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Loose Passive Live 20/40

I'm in the cutoff off with K/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif. Tight passive MP1 open raises, MP 2 cold call, I raise, folded to big blind, a LAG, who calls. MP's call. Flop is K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to MP1 who bets. MP2 calls, I raise. BB calls, MP1 three bets, MP2 calls, I cap, everyone calls. Turn A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB bets. He could have literarlly any two cards. MP1 calls, MP2 folds, I raise. Both call. River A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB bets, MP1 raises, I three bet. Everyone calls. Is my river three bet OK? BB shows AQo, MP1 shows 99 and MHIG

mmcd
10-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Is my river three bet OK?

Yes.

elysium
10-21-2004, 01:06 AM
hi hammer

no. the 3-bet is not o.k.; the only hand that you can beat is 99. the MP will have A9 or AK when he raises enough times to give calling his raise more value than reraising it. i hear you hammer. i hear you too andy. well,...well nowe you all are an unruly mob. i'll wait for you to finish......(ad infinitum).

all done?

i will agree with you all that on paper, the reraise is mathematically correct. however, you must also factor in what your opponent's read of your holding is. he is putting you on KK unless he has the absolute nuts. the only other hand is a 22.

hammer, i don't think this hand ever took place. you may have had something happen similar to this, but this hand never happened. that's alright though hammer. every once in while it's possible to catch a bogus post. nothing wrong about a bogus as long as it maintains continuity throughout. the reason i'm telling you that i know this post never happened is because it is a little embarrassing to be caught bogusing around here at 2+2. the embarrassment helps to keep the bogus posts more authentic than they might otherwise have been. in this example, the forum gains little or nothing unless it addresses the issue of the post's authenticity. it's a little like detecting a bluff for the uninitiated newbie learning about bluffs the easy way.

well, i call. i say this post is bogus.

HammerinHank
10-21-2004, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

well, i call. i say this post is bogus.

[/ QUOTE ]

To what end?

I've made maybe 10 posts here and now out of the blue I bogus up a hand that doesn't have me making any great read or anything that purports to be special. All I did was raise when I flopped a set, raise when bet into on the turn, and wonder if I over did it on the river.

elysium
10-21-2004, 02:37 PM
hi hammer

it's alright. we get a bogus now and then, and it's o.k.; i am not criticizing your post when i quetion its authenticity, nor am i criticizing your ability to come up with something that looks good contextually. it's a bogus post. FWIW, i have advised on such posts in the past on many occasions without quibbling over a few missed details here and there because it may have been drawn from actual hands reconstructed by the poster to fit into the 2+2 format. of course, some of these type posts we've had here may not have been. some we're drawn from the thin air using, well, the thin air approach. even then, the post may have phantom value. so i'm not at all discouraging the posting of phantom type hands. however, when such a hand is posted, perhaps because the poster desired to see if its lack of authenticity could be detected, or maybe because he had a question about a particular hold em situation that he as yet has had the occasion to encounter, as long as the under-threaded responses given do not themselves need an addendum advising that the original post is suspect; and sometimes that is needed due to extrusions of contradictory and conflicting subject matter to which the respondent must adjust on a subconcious level, which challenges the integrity of his answer; the response to the post can proceed along the same lines as if the respondent was there himself or herself, for a first hand account of the round by round action in the hand, which isn't the case here.

this is a bogus post. and that's fine. there should be an addendumary inclusion for full color commentary and for instruction on when to call. in this example, we call the bogus post as we would a bluff. if it's a very cleverly crafted bogus post with a high level of psuedo-authenticity, we simply advise for value.

i call. well hammer....don't raise me again, i call. turn it up. was it a real post?

elindauer
10-21-2004, 02:58 PM
I wish you hadn't posted the results.

I'm inclined to just call the raise. The problem is that your 3-bet may knock out the 3rd player, while opening you up to a 4-bet when you're behind.

That said, it's hard to put the raiser on aces full, since he slowed down on the turn. It's hard for me to put people on anything in this hand, for that matter, so I'm just going with the fact that they are showing all this strength despite you showing a ton of strength.

Close call though. It's very difficult to separate the analysis from the results on this one for me. I'm probably just in a daze from the game last night and the all night party, but still, hold off next time.

Good luck.
Eric

etizzle
10-21-2004, 04:34 PM
What makes you think this post is a fake?

HammerinHank
10-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Yeah, your right. I'm a prankster just trying to get away with something. The other day I didn't post the small blind and it almost worked until some knuckle head who wasn't even in the hand pointed it out. Then there was the time I stole a candy bar at a liquor store just to put one over on the poor old lady who owned the place. An under cover cop slapped the cuffs on me before I knew what hit me. Another time I tried to sneak into the Red Sox locker room dressed up like Pedro Martinez. That one was blown when some Yankee fan yelled "WHO'S YOUR DADDY!" and when I responded he read me for a fake. Sadly, I can't help my self. I live near San Francisco. Maybe next I could try to sneak into a gay bar ...

elysium
10-22-2004, 12:13 PM
hi hammer

i guess you take it down hammer.

trevor
10-22-2004, 06:54 PM
elysium=joke. Go crawl back into your hole.

Enough said.

elysium
10-22-2004, 07:44 PM
hi trevor

gee thanks trevor. that was beautifully put.

trevor
10-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Short and sweet is always effective.