PDA

View Full Version : capped preflop, top set with 77

stinkypete
10-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

okay okay.. maybe not a great call.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

haha! i am the best poker player ever!

Turn: (14.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

uh oh... i hope nobody has pocket queens. should i bet or go for the check-raise?

River: (17.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP2 calls $3 (All-In), Hero calls.

uh oh... he must have pocket jacks. i'm no longer the best poker player ever.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20 BB, between MP2, Hero and Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 2.50 BB, between Hero and Button.</font>

yeah, my flop play was great. i am the second coming of stu ungar. who plays the turn differently?

MoreWineII
10-20-2004, 05:22 PM
It all looks fine to me.

I think the preflop call is ok. You've got to figure the blinds and the poster are going to come along.

Flop fine, ram &amp; jam 4tw (for the win, sorry it's my new favorite chat phrase /images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

Turn, good. Check-raise is iffy since everyone only called your flop 3-bet.

River, fine. Looks like JJ. Hopefully it's AA who screwed up the courage for one last bet. Anyone 3-bet the river?

stinkypete
10-20-2004, 05:30 PM
yeah you're probably right about the turn. i figured button would bet if checked to, but i didn't want to give free cards to overpairs and i didn't want to get 3-bet either by QQ (not that i should be afraid of QQ yet).

dogmeat
10-20-2004, 06:41 PM
I won't play the 77 for a raise when I make the assumption that I will be up against only one or two players. However, once I flop the set, I play just as you did until the end. I still pop'em back on the river. AA, KK, AKs hearts and bluffs the river, AQ, KQs, QJs are all possible from an aggressive button at a low limit.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif