PDA

View Full Version : What are the beatable games? -baccarat question

wacki
10-20-2004, 05:13 PM
I know blackjack and Poker are beatable, but is baccarat?

It doesn't seem like it should be since you basically playing guessing which one is going to be higher before the draw, but I've heard it is beatable. Is this true?

craig r
10-20-2004, 05:15 PM
I think Wong did a lot of tests and it was determinded that any count system would not give the player enough of an edge to win

craig

Homer
10-20-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know blackjack and Poker are beatable, but is baccarat?

It doesn't seem like it should be since you basically playing guessing which one is going to be higher before the draw, but I've heard it is beatable. Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is technically beatable, but isn't worth doing. Basically, you sit through a bunch of shoes until a situation arises towards the end in which the composition of the cards makes the tie bet hugely +EV. Then you bet big. I think this unique betting opportunity only comes up once every few hundred shoes.

benfranklin
10-20-2004, 05:43 PM
I have never done a detailed search, but I have never seen anything to indicate that there are other beatable games. It is generally agreed that many video poker machines have a +EV in the long run, but this requires playing 5 coins, perfect play (which is computer quantifiable), and hitting the royal flush bonus.

felson
10-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Not beatable. (http://wizardofodds.com/games/baccarat/baccaratapx2.html)