PDA

View Full Version : AK hand

flynn799
10-20-2004, 04:48 PM
It seems like these kind of situations come up fairly frequently so I wanted to see how i handled this one. Table is fairly passive preflop, button has been playing too many hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

WSOP Bound
10-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Although not an expert I would have played this the same. I would have gotten worried that a passive calling station decided to roar to life on the flop after calling the capped flop. There are a lot of hands that he could have made here with his play. Likely a JJ, 99, AJs or A9s. I'm leaning more towards JJ, seems like enough for a passive player to hang onto on the capped flop yet not raise it himself. I still would opt to just call him down on the turn and river because there are a lot of Axs type hands that you may see when you showdown.