PDA

View Full Version : bisonbison's pokertracker autorate file

donger
10-20-2004, 03:28 PM
hi,
I recently downloaded and ran this through my PT to autorate the players. (Thanks to bisonbison for making it available) I was curious about the subclassifications. I know TA is tight aggressive, LP is loose passive, etc. Anybody care to post a legend here?
For example, what is the difference between TA-N and TA-A?

Thanks
donger

bisonbison
10-20-2004, 03:36 PM
1. You could look at what the actual settings are within the file. CRAZY TALK.
2. You could check this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=923884&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=7&o=14&fpart=1)
3. You should remember that the player profiles are extremely sketchy and, almost without fail, based on extremely small sample sizes.

donger
10-20-2004, 03:39 PM
thanks for pointing me to that thread. I was just curious what the abbrevations stood for

Jonny Melon
10-20-2004, 04:08 PM
What file are you referring to? I searched and don't see any posts on it.

Thanks,
Jon

Jimbo720
10-20-2004, 06:15 PM
I 2nd that. Lazily downloading a file would be easier than manually typing in those ranges.

sthief09
10-20-2004, 06:42 PM
since we're on the topic, do you have any idea how many hands you'd need to get a reasonably accurate estimation of PFR or aggression factor? it seems like these two numbers take more hands to converge to their true rates than VP$IP, which only takes like 30 hands.

Nuanes
10-20-2004, 08:46 PM
How do I get a copy of the "bisonbison's poker tracker autorate file? I assume you somehow import this into Poker Tracker?

Thanks.

jtr
10-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Days like this I am glad I am not Bison.

(And if I haven't said it before, thank you, sir, for your many gifts to the forum.)

Cosimo
10-21-2004, 12:04 AM
The rules are linked by Razor, on page 7 of the flat view of the thread. He linked it twice (the first link is broken), and I haven't checked to see which one that was.

If one reads the thread (which is of great value) instead of just skimming it, one will find the meaning of the icon descriptions.

bisonbison
10-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Days like this I am glad I am not Bison.

I posted the notes thread in order to compensate for being abrupt and condescending to so many people and now every time I am asked or PMed about the notes thread I am filled with an indescribable rage.

Guys: stats are a tool. They are not some beautiful transcendent opium-god-vagina-lotus that will unlock the secrets of the pyramids and make poker as simple and vaguely unsatisfying as masturbation. Your ideals of precision are built on sand and are stupid. SO CALM DOWN.

mrjim
10-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Maybe my favorite bison post...

rdu $teve
10-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Just the post I needed to make me laugh on my boring morning at work.

Thanks Bison

Octopus
10-21-2004, 10:29 AM
1. It takes more than 30 hands for VP$IP to converge. (Haven't you ever gone 3 orbits without playing a hand?) That said, it does converge rather quickly. For what we are using it for, 100 hands is probably enough, and even 30 hands will give a reasonable impression. (Loose players NEVER go 3 orbits without playing a hand.)

2. PFR% will also converge fairly quickly, for our purposes at least.

3. Aggression factor, on the other hand, can take a VERY long time to converge, even into fairly broad bins. Even over 1000 hand samples, mine ranges from about 1.0 to about 5.0. For a tight player, you might have only a few hands which actually had post-flop actions (other than check and fold) for every 100 hands played. Even if it does converge, a high number doesn't tell you if the guy is good or just never saw a flop not worth betting.

If I could find something better, I would replace aggression factor in the auto-rate. Unfortunately, nothing really jumps out. (How about WTSD%?)

razor
10-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Download bisonbison's PT AutoRate Rules import file (http://poker.rayjk.com/DNN/Default.aspx?tabid=89) here...