PDA

View Full Version : learned on-line, now wanto to try live

BIGRED
10-20-2004, 03:05 PM
I learned to play poker on-line. I've been playing for about a year and do consider myself a winning player. I've advanced up the limits at Party as prescribed by the folks at this site. Currently I'm at 10/20 6-max. I haven't been here long enough to say that I can beat this game for long term. So far, I'm keeping up and do not feel out of place. However, I can confidently say that I can beat all games 5/10 6-max and below at Party. Just a quick note, I haven't played full table of 5/10 or above at Party.

Having said this, I want to try the live games. What limit in a live game would be comparable to 5/10 6-max or 3/6 full at Party? I would probably start at somthing like 3/6 or 4/8 live just to get my feet wet, but would like to know in advance how high I should expect to go given my on-line profile.

One more thing... I did play in few live games (3/6, 6/12 in AC) during the past year, and I found the games to be extremely boring due to the slow pace as compared to the fast action of multi-tabling. If you play on-line as well as live, do you find yourself performing at a less optimal state of mind because of this? This was the case for me during those few occasions when I did play live. I would play crappy hands because I didn't want to wait more than 3 minutes to get the next hand.

eyeski
10-20-2004, 03:39 PM
After playin online for less than a year, working my way up to 3/6 (at the time, now up to 5/10) I played 3/6 in Vegas (Mirage) for about 30 hours last month. It was way easier than 3/6 online, comparable to about 1/2. Typically 6-8 seeing the flop. Can get boring when you're just folding, folding, folding but if you chat with people at the table it goes by very quickly. You may want to beef up your full ring game , especially live it will play alot different than 6 max online- play more hands that do well in multiplayer pots such as suited connectors and small pairs.