PDA

View Full Version : Tough mutiway pot w/ TP + OESD.....help

Jonny
10-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (10.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (18.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, ($6)Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25.50 BB, between MP2, MP3, UTG+2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (25.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+2 has As Qd (straight, ace high).
Hero has Ks Qc (three of a kind, kings).
MP2 has Kd Td (full house, kings full of tens).
MP3 has Tc 7s (two pair, kings and tens).
Outcome: MP2 wins 25.50 BB. </font>

This was a tough hand. I 3 bet the flop to charge the flush draw(s) if there were any and also, because I had the OESD, as well as top pair. I thought I may be behind after I raised. Should I have 3 bet? Then on the river, I think I have to call? This was a tough hand. Help appreciated, thanks.

Rubeskies
10-20-2004, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I 3 bet the flop to charge the flush draw(s) if there were any.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no amount of raising you can do to make the flush draws incorrectly call. Raising for this reason is pointless.

[ QUOTE ]
and also, because I had the OESD, as well as top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason why you 3-bet.

As far as calling the raise at the end, it is probably for mere sanity purposes. With 4 players seeing this showdown, lots of agression shown, and a flush, full-house, and straight possibilties along with better trips (AK) I don't think you are good here one in 18.5 times. I think you are good here maybe 1 in 30 at best. I would fold but calling for sanity purposes isn't terrible.

PS It is generally a good idea not to post results until after you've recieved replys from the hand as it will sometimes changed people's opinions.

Danenania
10-20-2004, 01:20 PM
He needs to be good only 1 in 24 times to break even, not 1 in 18. For either one, however, I think this should be an easy river call. MP2's raise could easily be a weak K. UTG+2 could have a hand like JT. MP3's play doesn't make him much of a threat. Then you also have to take bluffs into account. Hero can't fold his trips in a spot like this closing the action imo.