PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker No Limit Guide (Cross post from Poker Theory)

OldLearner
10-20-2004, 11:54 AM
I looked and can't believe this hasn't been cross-posted here yet. I think it was discussed the other day here though but the actual document wasn't available. Here is the link copied from the Poker Theory thread

Party Poker "Cracked" (http://www.nd.edu/~vkoppers/PPCRACKED11.pdf)

You need Adobe Reader to view it.

BradleyT
10-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Is this the same one Granny posted about 7 months ago?

OldLearner
10-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Apologies if this was posted by Granny 7 months ago. I had not heard of it before last week when it was discussed that he's selling it on eBay.

Trolzie
10-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Im sorry to say this, but that guide is the most ridiculous thing i've ever read. I know that party poker/empire poker is quite suspicious sometimes, but folding KK/AA to more than a 1 dollar bet on the flop is the most paranoid statement ever. My advise after quite some time on these sites is... dont read this guide, it will only confuse you and put you off balance. (no offense to the author, because he MIGHT make money online,) but if I started playing like he decribed i wouldn't be able to make a dime online..

TC.

OldLearner
10-20-2004, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry to say this, but that guide is the most ridiculous thing i've ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's tanatamount to criminal that he can be "publishing" this thing and selling it on eBay. Isn't there some kinda law against selling bad advice but touting it as the real thing?

KowCiller
10-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Hahaha... he could always claim he's simply providing entertainment value. Sure enough, I was entertained!

What a joke... You've got to love pearls of wisdom such as:

(After double or tripling up at a NL table)
"Once this happens, (Because of party poker's fairness policy), the website
will literally COME AFTER YOU. You will start getting 3,4, or 5 Pocket
pairs within just 10 hands. (Statistically impossible.) (This is just one of
many things the website will throw at you.)"

What a riot!

KoW /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freakin
10-20-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't know how you can knock this valuable party poker guide. I mean, the guy obviously knows what he's talking about. His play money account is over $60 million! How could that be possible without figuring out the secrets of the RNG? I've started dumping all of my pocket pairs over JJ in the bottom half of every odd hour (except 1300GMT) and I have increased my BB/100 win rate by more than 100 times. This has taken me years of research, but I am willing to share it with the select few that visit these unknown pages.

Freakin

MicroBob
10-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Anybody willing to copy-and-paste this idiotic article for those of us without Adobe?

Thanks.

jmark
10-20-2004, 04:36 PM
I like how his strategy is to drop 2 or 3 $25NL buyins in the first hour so that people will stop respecting him and will call his big raises. I guess that's assuming you have the same people at your table during the next hour.

jmark
10-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Why don't you have Adobe? It's free. I think you can also read PDF files in ghostscript.

Thythe
10-20-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody willing to copy-and-paste this idiotic article for those of us without Adobe?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately it's 27 pages long.

Homer
10-20-2004, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adobe Reader (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) is free to download...

MicroBob
10-20-2004, 04:58 PM
27 pages.
Holy-crap.

I was having some sort of troubles with the download and it was causing disconnects at the tables.
I don't what's more scary.....the fact that some moron actually wrote 27-pages about this or the fact that I still really want to read it.

I'm giving up though.....I am taking it as a rather obvious sign that I should be directing my energy towards ANYTHING but this article.

BradleyT
10-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Ya it's just filled with S&M type advice like, "If the betting before the flop gets above $5 fold your pocket aces".

MicroBob
10-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Does it really say that?
Wow.

OldLearner
10-20-2004, 05:30 PM
It's pretty obvious that this guy has done this just to rip people off.

What he has basically done is taken a lot of the correct poker strategy (perhaps from the excellent posters here), combined it with the conspiracy theories (possibly from the retarded posters here), shaken well and spit it out into 27 page format that he can suck people into buying.

For example, he says to play 75o for up to $3. At one point it is because it will make the nuts and bust AA/KK/QQ a lot (Party is rigged) and at another point because it is good to mix up your play so your opponents don't know your a rock (deception is sound advice).

I don't use eBay but I'm sure there are people here that do. eBay should be tipped off that this dirtbag is selling garbage.

MicroBob
10-20-2004, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eBay should be tipped off that this dirtbag is selling garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if e-bay went out of their way to stop everyone who was selling garbage they would go out of business and have virtually nothing left to sell.

GrannyMae
10-20-2004, 05:35 PM
link to thread where it is reprinted (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1107952&Forum= ,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=6&Limit =25&Main=1107492&Search=true&where=&Name=118&dater ange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bo dyprev=#Post1107952)

MicroBob
10-20-2004, 05:51 PM
I remember that post granny.
Didn't know it was the same thing as this one.

Thanks.

Blarg
10-20-2004, 06:39 PM
I have Adobe, but it really does suck. Paging is slow and clumsy and you sometimes leap from one page to another instead of getting a smooth scroll, and sometimes the script can be very hard to see. Anyway, it serves a purpose, but not always well.

Freakin
10-20-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eBay should be tipped off that this dirtbag is selling garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew a guy when Xbox's first came out that sold a box with an X spray painted on it. He sold it as "Xbox", and the description was "This is a box with an X on it." He sold it for nearly $300. Ebay isn't gonna stop you from selling stuff like this if it is legal and consumers are willing to buy it. So unless that guy says that he "guarantees" that he'll teach you how to beat party, or that the information is 100% true and accurate, then he's just fine.

b