PDA

View Full Version : AQo postflop: Pushed out too easy or live to fight another day

jayrutz2
10-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Cut-off is LAG...Would you play this one postflop?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

edthayer
10-20-2004, 12:00 PM
If he's a LAG, then 3-bet preflop.

Rubeskies
10-20-2004, 12:20 PM
If he is a LAG preflop then 3-betting to attempt to isolate the LAG is a great idea. AQ is likely ahead of many of the hands he will raise preflop.

jayrutz2
10-20-2004, 12:24 PM
OK, don't cold call, raise...this may also change texture postflop, he prob checks if he has not hit or has PPair

Right?

What if he is tight, and bets into you on this flop, what then?

jayrutz2
10-20-2004, 12:24 PM
OK, don't cold call, raise...this may also change texture postflop, he prob checks if he has not hit or has PPair

Right?

Rubeskies
10-20-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the idea.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know he is passive then you can probably call the flop and then fold the turn if he bets again and you don't spike an A. Sometimes people will throw a bet out there on a paired board as a bluff but will give up on the turn if it doesn't work.

HajiShirazu
10-20-2004, 12:42 PM
This is an auto 3-bet preflop even against normal players. Not 3-betting in this situation is criminal against LAGs.
Anyway it's raise or fold on this flop. If the guy is a LAG, I like raising and then looking to go to showdown, but the reason why I like that is because I figure I have the best hand, so I should have 3-bet preflop. Of course waiting to take him on with a pair, or in a bigger pot, is fine too. It's a close decision.