PDA

View Full Version : QJs on BB

raccon
10-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Delicious estonian cookies available! To everyone who tells me how I should have played this hand.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Jimbobobb
10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
If your opponents are tight, I like the bet on the flop. Otherwise seems kind of pointless to take a stab at such a small pot.

Turn - hooray a draw showed up! Why are you checkraising?

River - yay the draw came in! Capping seems fine against the majority of players, although he's already told us he has at *least* trips. Let's just hope it's not a boat eh?

Quercus
10-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Preflop: fine. QJs not quite strong enough to raise from EP, even against limpers.

Flop: I don't like the bet. You've got a draw heavy board, a pile of limpers, tainted outs, a small pot and you are out of position.

Turn: I don't like the checkraise. You've picked up a draw, but you are shooting for the 3rd nut flush against a paired board with a small pot and many of your flush and overcard outs are tainted.

davelin
10-20-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: fine. QJs not quite strong enough to raise from EP, even against limpers.

Flop: I don't like the bet. You've got a draw heavy board, a pile of limpers, tainted outs, a small pot and you are out of position.

Turn: I don't like the checkraise. You've picked up a draw, but you are shooting for the 3rd nut flush against a paired board with a small pot and many of your flush and overcard outs are tainted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur

BellyBuster7
10-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I think the flop bet is ok, I hate the turn CR, but like the flop CR.

wabe
10-20-2004, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop bet is ok, I hate the turn CR, but like the flop CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean river c/r?

HajiShirazu
10-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Definately raise preflop.
I don't like the flop bet all that much or the turn C/R. The pot is small, and your opponents like calling with any pair as well as any draw and other stuff. Wait for better spots against these players. And the cap on the river...no.