PDA

View Full Version : Official Game 7 Thread (BOS vs NY) Armageddon!!!!!

JoeU
10-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Lowe Vs Brown

Who's arm will fall off first????

Will Shilling come out for an inning? Will he throw the bloody sock?

Will Zim charge Pedro?

Will Pedro throw at A-Rod?

Will A-rod slap Pedro's glove as he walks to first?

Will we ever cure cancer?

Will this series ever end???????????

I just wanted to be the guy to start this one. Some historical facts:

1. No team has ever come back down 3-0 to win a series in baseball (like that matters in this series).

2. The Yankees have never lost games 6 and 7 at home (see last comment).

3. Like Yogi said, "It ain't over 'till its over" (Thats actually for the Sox fans).

Looks like a good one tonight. Gotta run, I'm schedules to pitch in the 5th! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

Aces McGee
10-20-2004, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. No team has ever come back down 3-0 to win a series in baseball (like that matters in this series).

[/ QUOTE ]

No other baseball team down 3-0 has ever forced game 7, either. So, as you suggest, you can toss this stat out the window.

Go Sox,
McGee

ThaSaltCracka
10-20-2004, 11:32 AM
he is simply stating that.

It has happened before in basketball and hockey, and everytime the force a game 7, they lose it anyways. If Boston wins, this would be epic on a completely absurd level.

JinX11
10-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Wrong again (you seem to have a knack for this) - two teams won Game 7 in the NHL after trailing 0-3.

Edge34
10-20-2004, 11:50 AM
Those were the 1942 Leafs in the Cup finals against Detroit, and the 75 Islanders against the Penguins. So it hasn't happened at ALL in almost 30 years. Add the drama of the "curse" into this one and people could be talking about this game for the next 30 years, or more.

For a night, I'm the biggest BoSox fan living outside New England... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Edge

jdl22
10-20-2004, 11:56 AM
2 is wrong. In the 1926 World Series St. Louis beat the Yankees in games 6 and 7 in NY after falling behind 3-2.

Here is a link (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/yr1926ws.shtml) for more info.

ThaSaltCracka
10-20-2004, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong again (you seem to have a knack for this) - two teams won Game 7 in the NHL after trailing 0-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, nice cheap shot, because I am apparently always statistically wrong, you [censored] momo. Fox said this yesterday, and since I could really give a [censored] about hockey I assumed THEY were right.

Thanks for the correction.

MrGo
10-20-2004, 12:04 PM
I like the Yankees here. Lowe has a 9+ ERA vs. NY this year. I believe this will be another heartbreak for Red Sox fans. I could care less who wins but IMO Yankees win.

JoeU
10-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the correction. I thought I heard the fact I listed on the radio within the last couple of days.

Great, now there's historical presidence! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Joe

ThaSaltCracka
10-20-2004, 12:20 PM
If anyone needs more proof how inaccurate Fox is, they said last night no team in history has ever come back from 0-3 and won games 7(apparently wrong) and they also said NY has never lost games 6&7 at home either(which is apparently wrong as well).

BTW, I couldn't help but notice that in 1926 Boston was in last place and 44.5 games out of first. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

ThaSaltCracka
10-20-2004, 02:37 PM
bump

Neil Stevens
10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do defunct leagues count?