PDA

View Full Version : SNG advice

pcg1010
10-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi,

I was playing a $20 SNG on UB yesterday. I made it to the final two. My opponent was a ultra tight player who never raised preflop and rarely raised post flop. I started out with a 4 to 1 chip lead, i played it aggressive, raising preflop with almost anything. Unfortunately the blinds were still fairly low. This didn't seem to work, with the lack of info from my opponent I was slowly bluffing my money off. After an hour or so i was down 4 to 1 in chips and getting frustrated. I then decided to always go all in preflop with solid hands. After a while this worked and I finally won the heads up. Any thoughts on playing this type of player?
Thanks

wjmooner
10-20-2004, 11:28 AM
If the blinds are small and your opponent is transparent you should raise with your premium hands and see cheap flops with your other hands. If you have a good hand bet accordingly.

By the way, it doesn't sound like your opponent was that tight, it just sounds like he was passive. He probably thought you were overplaying your hands and he let you bluff off your chips. I don't know why you would raise big with 83 if your opponent will let you see a cheap flop with that hand.

Short stacked all in or fold is a good strategy, but you should be able to grind down a passive heads up player when you have the chip lead.

C

SmileyEH
10-20-2004, 12:43 PM
If he is never raising preflop you can limp every hand. If he is passive you can never semi bluff and take free cards all day. If he is loose you can bet all your decent hands for value because he will pay you off. If he is too tight you can bet every flop because he will be folding enough for you to make a profit.

Playing a loose passive player HU with low blinds can be frustrating if you're not getting any hands, but if you are patient its nearly impossible for him to win.

-SmileyEH