PDA

View Full Version : 5 7 offsuit

Spartan1983
10-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Only played 1 orbit before this hand. It's only my 2nd time sitting at a $2/4 table on Party.(have played about 100 hands on Pacific), so I'm in virgin territory. All comments are aprreciated, UTG berated me.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls $2 (All-In), MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (24 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 36 BB

private joker
10-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Not much to talk about, really. You got a free flop with a junk BB hand, caught an open-end straight draw, had the odds to chase it, and made the 2nd-nut hand by the turn.

One caution: Be careful about 3-betting the river. After the turn was capped, you had to be worried that UTG had T7. (Yes, people play T7s at 2/4 tables). When he caps the turn, at least *consider* that he has the nuts. Since you don't, just bet the river and call his raise.

btspider
10-20-2004, 10:44 AM
PF: fold so you don't get berated when you play goot
Flop: call-3bet
turn: good check-raise
river: might as well check-raise again

The river 3-bet is good with the SB hanging around. If UTG raises that flop with T7, good for him.

There isn't much to this hand other than how to pump the pot the best. Don't let a sore loser make you question your play. I imagine he had a set.

Spartan1983
10-20-2004, 03:56 PM
UTG had 3,3 for a set
SB had 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for 2 pair
Lucky for me, UTG+1 had A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif but only had $2 so could only call, couldn't raise pre-flop, which obviously would have got me to fold.

Not a real interesting hand, but my biggest pot. I have never seen that kind of betting on Pacific. Thanks for taking the time to respond.