PDA

View Full Version : Clown, Mime or Ventriliquist--Which is weirder?

tek
10-20-2004, 09:52 AM
I saw an old movie recently with Anthony Hopkins playing a troubled ventriliquist. And that reminded me of a movie with Bobcat Goldthwait playing a birthday party clown. In that movie the other clowns he hangs out with at the local clown bar see a mime (cameo by Robin Williams) walking by. They all chase after him hoping to beat him up.

That leads to my question, and I'm talking about real life. These type of occupations are supposedly not populated by "normal" people.

Comments?

jagoff
10-20-2004, 11:11 AM
You forgot carnies! They are the most weirdest of the bunch! Go from town to town, selling their crap that either falls apart or breaks, most of them are missing most of their teeth, they still sport their Back in Black World Tour 81 shirts, small hands and of course reek of cabbage.

tek
10-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Not to mention they are usually fugitive killers and rapists... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Clarkmeister
10-26-2004, 11:12 AM
It is a well known fact that Mime is the lowest form of clown.

Gamblor
10-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Entertainers (and I consider lumping politicians in here too) are the most neurotic, insecure people on earth.

By entertainers, I mean actors, musicians, artists, clowns, etc. etc.

The whole profession is based on acknowledgement of their existence, either through applause, and they're so needy of the approval of others that they've chosen it for their livelihood. There really is no other reason to be an entertainer.

You like to play music? Play for yourself.

But to play, above all the other exciting things that one could do? Ridiculous.

Obviously this is a generalization. Some just like to play music, and someone once told them they're good enough that they don't have to do any real work.

But actors are all scum.