PDA

View Full Version : Got married to a pot.

radek2166
10-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Typical party game.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (21.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB

Peter Harris
10-20-2004, 09:47 AM
fold PF when it comes back capped?

fold the flop when it comes back 2?

fold the turn when is comes back 2?

lucky river! nice hand. but next time folding would be +EV.

Regards,
Pete Harris

btspider
10-20-2004, 09:50 AM
easy fold preflop when its capped back to you. you should be folding AQo here too.

fold the flop when its 2-bets to you. you can call the cap if you call the first 2.

fold the turn when its 2-bets to you. you can call the one bet obviously.

check-raise the river.

JoshuaD
10-20-2004, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold PF when it comes back capped?

fold the flop when it comes back 2?

fold the turn when is comes back 2?

lucky river! nice hand. but next time folding would be +EV.

Regards,
Pete Harris

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

jason1990
10-20-2004, 09:56 AM
I would fold preflop when it comes back capped. But I think you had the pot/implied odds to make those flop and turn calls. However, that first flop call -- I probably would have raised. The pot is huge, so I'm thinking fold or raise, don't call. If I raise and they don't slow down, I figure they're not going anywhere, so I give up the "fold or raise" strategy. And I agree with the check-raise the river advice.

raccon
10-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Folding has EV of 0. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

davelin
10-20-2004, 10:28 AM
I'd put you on my Buddy List if I was in this hand!

radek2166
10-20-2004, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad it only takes 1 hand to make your buddy list.

davelin
10-20-2004, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad it only takes 1 hand to make your buddy list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always looking for fish to fry /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm not saying that I am putting you on my buddy list, but if I was in this hand and I didn't know you were a 2+2er, it would've raised my eyebrows.

radek2166
10-20-2004, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it would've raised my eyebrows.

[/ QUOTE ] It raised my eyebrows. I was totaly lost.

plaschke
10-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Yes I think fold on the pf. It depends how they play though. You would think at least one has AQo, AKo or AKs.
Probably one of the players had 88, 99, maybe AA?

On the flop say you have 5-6 outs. 3 A, 4 tens, but you have to take partial outs for the spades
So you have about 20% to make your draw, 4 to 1, pot odds are 8 to 1 on your first call and I think 10 to 1 on the 2nd call. I think you are getting the odds on the flop. Is this correct?

Lets say you still have 5 outs when the 7h comes on the turn
pots odds 7 to 1 and your draw is 8 to 1 so this is a fold?
I think you paid too much for the last card

Is this correct?

meep_42
10-20-2004, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding has EV of 0. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant +EV in the sense that it was the most positive EV play of the hand.

-d

Quercus
10-20-2004, 11:25 AM
With that preflop action, his outs are tainted all to hell. What hands could MP1 and MP2 be on that doesn't crush anything but a ten for us?

The three bet could be TT-AA, AK and maybe a loose AQ. They are all disasters for us, with TT being especially heinous since we are now drawing to a single out based on the cappers play.

The capper is likely AA-AQ, AKs.

While these guys could be loose, its safe to assume that at least one of them is on AA-JJ or AK. The bet and raise on the flop ahead of us just add more evidence of this - except it reduces the odds of JJ-TT being one of the hands, further adding to our misery, but giving us at least some hope of hitting the T.

That leaves 3 winners with a T (if the board doesn't pair) and one partial out for the spade. Let's say that we want to be super generous and round up to four for the minute fraction of outs still left from our AJ. That's almost 11 to 1 required to call, and rather than implied odds, we're probably getting reverse implied odds here because of the high likelyhood of a 3bet coming. I think the flop is a pretty easy fold.

(Preflop too, but that's been discussed.)

davelin
10-20-2004, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it would've raised my eyebrows.

[/ QUOTE ] It raised my eyebrows. I was totaly lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it sucks. On 2/4 not too long ago I raised pre-flop AKo in EP, was raised right behind by someone who had previous 3-bet me with KK and then capped by a third person in LP. So with 2-bets back to me, I folded and was glad after the hand was over.