PDA

View Full Version : Overs on srt8 flop

Akimka
10-20-2004, 05:53 AM
I am sorry for flooding with my hands here but i know for sure now that my big downsing is not a deviation alone. My game need HUGE improvment.

Before downsing i will bet it on. I was right then or i became Tight-Weak because of my losings?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, MP3 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

therockofgibraltar
10-20-2004, 06:27 AM
I would not raise AJo in early position. The rest I think is OK.

afk
10-20-2004, 07:54 AM
I think you played the hand just fine.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-20-2004, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would not raise AJo in early position.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad advice and probably not at all relavent to the play of this hand where I'm assuming the poster was asking about his postflop play. BTW, this raise should actually be made on a fairly regular and routine basis.

helpmeout
10-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Well played, overcards just arent worth playing on these kind of boards.

therockofgibraltar
10-20-2004, 09:11 AM
"This is bad advice "

Really?! /images/graemlins/blush.gif Sorry, my mistake then!

I'm beginner and the books I have read (SSH,Ciaffone etc.) clearly states this being wrong. They even fold this hand in EP!

Am I missing something.

PS. And I did comment on his postflop play, it was OK /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
10-20-2004, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm beginner and the books I have read (SSH,Ciaffone etc.) clearly states this being wrong. They even fold this hand in EP!

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read SSH in a while but i'm quite sure that Ed suggests raising this hand.

folding AJo in EP is only correct in the super of tightest toughest meanest table, which really doesn't exist in the online poker-world.

but if you do find yourself in such table, you should leave immediately.

therockofgibraltar
10-20-2004, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read SSH in a while but i'm quite sure that Ed suggests raising this hand.

folding AJo in EP is only correct in the super of tightest toughest meanest table, which really doesn't exist in the online poker-world.

but if you do find yourself in such table, you should leave immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now that I look at SSH I see that he says "play AJo in EP but do not raise". (looking at the "tight column")

But I think you are right, I'm way too tight for PPs $1/2!

helpmeout
10-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Raising AJo is profitable in these games because weak players will call with weak hands. You will make enough money from those weak players to make up for the times someone after you has you dominated.

In a tight game only a better hand will call you thats why some people say fold or call.

therockofgibraltar
10-20-2004, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising AJo is profitable in these games because weak players will call with weak hands. You will make enough money from those weak players to make up for the times someone after you has you dominated.

In a tight game only a better hand will call you thats why some people say fold or call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Chris Daddy and Helpmeout!

I'm clearly too tight for these tables. Maybe that explains my mediocre results (winning but not "crushing", like Ed likes to say /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Maybe I should shut up and just keep reading the forum, not commenting, lol.

Yads
10-20-2004, 11:19 AM
You played it well. Fold on the flop, You have 3 outs, since your Jack is most likely not an out.