PDA

View Full Version : Rice in Seattle (my beef)

DonWaade
10-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Jerry Rice, without question the greatest WR of all time. I loathe to say that in light of Steve Largent being my favorite player of all time and, yes was great, but not Jerry Rice.

So I see on TV and NFL.com's front page; a pic of Jerry holding a Seattle jersey with "Rice" on the back and yup, number 80. In all of Seattle's frivolous un-remarkable sports past, who has been the best, without question HOFer, classiest player to ever dawn a Seattle uniform? Largent (close begind is Edgar).

I know Rice is-slash-was great; but why give him that number? He is NEVER going to do here what Largent did. I was excited to see the trade in light of our WR's not being able to catch anything but a contact high. But if he get's number 80, I would rather have our 7th RD pick back. Just a rant. Anyone have an opinion???

goofball
10-20-2004, 02:53 AM
largent gave permission from what i hear.

that should really end the discussion.

Schaefer
10-20-2004, 02:58 AM
Dude, it's a conditional 7th round pick. You're giving up diddly poo and you're getting someone who could have a positive impact on the team. Jackson and Koren are young enough that they could really learn something from G.O.A.T. I hope that's the way it works out.

I hope that he doesn't come here an whine like a mofo though. Engram's hurt and Koren's facing a suspension but when they come back he'll be the 4th wide receiver. I wonder what his reaction will be. I sure hope and pray he isn't a distraction. But this is a small worry.

You only have Largent to blame for Rice having #80. I wish he didn't give him permission but he did so what can we do.

GO HAWKS!

Schaefer

DonWaade
10-20-2004, 03:04 AM
I did not know that he gave permission. I guess that I should have read the artice. /images/graemlins/blush.gif That is even more proof to the caliber of person that Sen Largent is though!

NLSoldier
10-20-2004, 03:40 AM
Cmon now guys, you KNOW Randy is way better than Jerry. Just cause he WAS the best ever doesn't mean he always will be.

wayabvpar
10-20-2004, 03:39 PM
I fuggin' hate Jerry Rice. Stealing Largent's # just compounds it. I don't give a [censored] if Largent ok'ed it- he is not the only one with a stake in this. The fans should be able to say- "NO, we don't want to see another 80 running around!". It is disrespectful.

If they are going to allow it, the least they could do would be to roll back ticket and concession prices to the level they were at when Largent was playing.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-20-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cmon now guys, you KNOW Randy is way better than Jerry. Just cause he WAS the best ever doesn't mean he always will be.

[/ QUOTE ]
*clap clap clap*

Culpepper - Moss will go down as the greatest QB-WR combo ever once it's all said and done.

goofball
10-20-2004, 04:45 PM
oh yeah! to hell with what largent wants! they should listen to the fans!

NLSoldier
10-20-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Culpepper - Moss will go down as the greatest QB-WR combo ever once it's all said and done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah! And your avatar rocks btw.

nolanfan34
10-20-2004, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah! to hell with what largent wants! they should listen to the fans!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Rice Seattle jersey is going to go down in history as one of those strange superstar final team jersey's, like the Franco Harris Seahawks, Joe Namath Rams, and Willie Mays Mets jerseys.

Rounder041
10-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah for sure, Vikes dominate!