PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to make the table windows smaller on Stars?

Bigwig
10-20-2004, 02:23 AM
I have a laptop, and the table windows on Stars overlap a little. It's not a big deal, but I would really prefer to see both tables in full. Also, I might try three tabling soon, and that'll be impossible to handle in the current scenario. I've heard people mention 'mini-view' before. I don't know if that's what I need. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

rjb03
10-20-2004, 02:53 AM
Stars doesn't have a miniview. All of their windows are 800x600. You need a monitor that can support 1600x1200 to have no overlap. Turn your resolution up as high as it is rated to go to have the least overlap.

Bigwig
10-20-2004, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stars doesn't have a miniview. All of their windows are 800x600. You need a monitor that can support 1600x1200 to have no overlap. Turn your resolution up as high as it is rated to go to have the least overlap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I'm getting a new system soon, and probably getting a monitor with it. Is 1600X1200 a standard monitor?

rjb03
10-20-2004, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I'm getting a new system soon, and probably getting a monitor with it. Is 1600X1200 a standard monitor?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Make sure you check the max resolution. Many will be 1600x1200 or higher, but there are still some being sold that can only handle 1280x1024. Also, you'll probably want at least a 19" monitor because everything you view will be very small and you'll probably want to offset that somewhat.

Bigwig
10-20-2004, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Make sure you check the max resolution. Many will be 1600x1200 or higher, but there are still some being sold that can only handle 1280x1024.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again.

rybones
10-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Also look at the refresh rate. this is the rate at which the screen redraws itself. The faster the refresh rate the less taxing on your eyes. look for 100 hz or faster.

Also, good to see you last night at the 30's. How did you end up doing at that table. I really wish I had check raised with my top two pair on the flop! that would have been good. That said, I still think the slow play there is good ev long term? Guess I am wondering your thoughts on the play. looking at the hand, I really think both he and I played it right given the circumstances?

Ryan

Bigwig
10-20-2004, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also look at the refresh rate. this is the rate at which the screen redraws itself. The faster the refresh rate the less taxing on your eyes. look for 100 hz or faster.

Also, good to see you last night at the 30's. How did you end up doing at that table. I really wish I had check raised with my top two pair on the flop! that would have been good. That said, I still think the slow play there is good ev long term? Guess I am wondering your thoughts on the play. looking at the hand, I really think both he and I played it right given the circumstances?

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I finished 2nd in that one. Although it might have been the one 4th I had last night. Can't remember off the top of my head. They tend to run together. Heh.

Yeah, I don't mind the slowplay. I didn't notice, was that a raised pot? You see so many players at the $30 level see flops with A7 that I think when it's just two of you that slowplaying is not a bad idea without any flush draws and a gut shot on the board. It was only one opponent, if I recall. The turn 2 is a blank, you have to figure. I got out of slowplaying everything for a while, and I think that was a major mistake. It's the multi-way pots that you have to be really careful about, unless the board is super scary.