PDA

View Full Version : Computer problem

Malone Brown
10-20-2004, 02:05 AM
hey all,
I'm a computer idiot, but I managed to download some torrent files of the WPT. Once I downloaded the movies, I cannot play them on WMP or Divx player. These movies are DVD rips, and are labelled as ACV files. Anybody know what I need to play these files.
Thanks a bunch.
Malone

wacki
10-20-2004, 03:09 AM
ACV? doesn't look right to me

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=ACV&Submit3=Go%21

tj00
10-20-2004, 03:52 AM
Try using quicktime to play it. It might be an apple format.

AncientPC
10-20-2004, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ACV = Adobe Photoshop colour curves file
ACV = OS/2 drivers that compress and decompress audio data

[/ QUOTE ]

wacki
10-20-2004, 04:13 AM
Ohhhhhh..... Duh. OS/2, Apple.... Why didn't I make the connection.

Malone Brown
10-20-2004, 04:48 AM
nope, Quicktime didn't work. It's a DVD rip, does that make any difference in what it can be played with? Should I try burning it as a VCD and playing it on my DVD player?....I don't know. Thanks
Malone

wacki
10-20-2004, 05:05 AM
It's worth a try.

"It's a DVD rip, does that make any difference in what it can be played with?"

That makes a huge difference. Most media players don't come with DVD codecs, you have to buy them. If you download powerdvd (trial version) and install it on your computer you will get the codecs for free. There are a few other programs that you can do this trick with as well. I use zoom player but the problem with zoom is that there is a bit of setup before you can use it. You have to install all of the codecs/filters. But zoom is well worth it.

Try creating a VCD and see what happens, it might work. But I'm not sure. If it doesn't I can ask some friends tomorrow.