PDA

View Full Version : Pocket queens against one brutally ugly flop

Quercus
10-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Villain is loose/passive

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, hero ???

Whatcha gonna do, sport?

JoshuaD
10-20-2004, 01:39 AM
That's a big pot. I'd put in a raise to see if I can win it. You're not getting the odds to draw to the Q if yer beat, but you might not be, and that's a big pot.

Raise it, see what happens. Be prepared to let it go on the turn if UTG's got a K and you can't get him off it.

If he re-raises you can be sure he's got a J, call and hope for a queen. Miss and fold.

slimpikkens
10-20-2004, 01:55 AM
I can't put UTG+1 on a J yet, and I'm not ready to fold my queens in a decent pot with some decent outs (2 Q's, backdoor straight and backdoor flush). If I was UTG+1 holding a flush draw I would relish the opportunity to bet into the PFR on this board, so I raise to knock out the button and form the rest of my strategy based on UTG+1's reply.

If he reraises, I call and fold the turn unimproved. If he calls and bets out on the turn, I still probably fold unimproved.

If button calls and UTG+1 calls, I would checkfold the turn unless I picked up some outs and I could close the action to a button bet.

Tough hand.