PDA

View Full Version : Curt Schilling had surgery.

Joe Tall
10-20-2004, 12:42 AM
Thus, no big-shoe. Thus, the visible blood.

They sutured his tendon down through his skin yesterday. Completely invented by the team of doctors working around him. The pain was created form the tendon snapping over the bone so the docotors just sewed it down.

God bless him.

GO SOX! Thanks, Curt.
-Joe Tall

kyro
10-20-2004, 12:46 AM
wait, really? forgive me if i'm just a gullible fool, but do we/you know this or is this a suspicion, or am i being played here?

sublime
10-20-2004, 12:47 AM
God bless him

and medicine

Neil Stevens
10-20-2004, 12:48 AM
I think he just told Peter Gammons that.

Joe Tall
10-20-2004, 12:51 AM
forgive me if i'm just a gullible fool, but do we/you know this or is this a suspicion, or am i being played here?

I heard if from Curt during his interview. When asked if it can be done again, he said, "certainly".

Curt is the man!

GO SOX!
-JT

mikeyvegas
10-20-2004, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
forgive me if i'm just a gullible fool, but do we/you know this or is this a suspicion, or am i being played here?

I heard if from Curt during his interview. When asked if it can be done again, he said, "certainly".

Curt is the man!

GO SOX!
-JT

[/ QUOTE ]

That is crazy! Curt is like a combination of Ronnie Lott and Will Reed. Gutsy performance!

kyro
10-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Ah, OK. Thanks. I saw his interview right after the game and he looked like he was going to cry from being in so much pain.

And they say baseball players are wimps. Curt Schilling just became one of my all time favorites.

sublime
10-20-2004, 12:58 AM
http://s87605139.onlinehome.us/images/Balls%20of%20Steel.jpg

Joe Tall
10-20-2004, 12:59 AM
He actually said it like this, however, I am adlibbing, I think, "They sutured the skin to keep the tendon from snapping over the bone...(*3 second pause and he sit backs some as he says confidently*) and it worked. "

Amazing.

GO SOX!
-Joe Tall

andyfox
10-20-2004, 01:01 AM
He's a horse and a half, always has been.

Neil Stevens
10-20-2004, 01:30 AM
He should auction the bloody sock and give the proceeds to his favorite ALS charities that Fox mentioned at the start of the game.

Either that or it should go in the hall of fame. I'm not sure which.

Ed Miller
10-20-2004, 03:01 AM
I really hope he makes the Hall. He deserves it. What he slightly lacks in career stats he more than makes up for by being a total hoss when it counts.

Non_Comformist
10-20-2004, 03:04 AM
Impressive, I'm sure all of Boston and Redsox fans every admire and respect him. It's well deserved.

The Dude
10-20-2004, 03:04 AM
I have as much respect for Curt than just about anybody in the league. The way he competes, his attitude, his view of baseball politics, the way he represents baseball, everything. Good man.

Schaefer
10-20-2004, 03:10 AM
I was reading this conversational type article on ESPN and basically the guys were saying, "Oh athletes do this all the time" and "It's just a little pain" and "It's just his ankle, not his shoulder or arm". Give me a frikkin break. He's a pitcher and it's JUST HIS ANKLE! I forgot that pitchers just stand there flatfooted and wing it toward home plate. Your legs mean nothing if you're a pitcher. SUCK IT UP CURT.........

Curt is the baddest of all the badasses that ever roamed the earth. What a stud. WHAT A FRIKKIN STUD. And a Yankee killer to boot. My hero.

Schaefer

nothumb
10-20-2004, 03:24 AM
According to Curt, God did bless him. Blessed the poop out of him.

Reminiscent of Christopher (I'll call him by his Christian name, you might know him as Trot) said that Jesus was swinging the bat for him last year. Where the fcuk is Jesus when you need him? Schilling doesn't need him in the dugout while the Sox are at bat.

This, combined with all the skyward pointing, etc, makes me think that perhaps the Boston Red Sox are not mere a team of Destiny - they are God's team.

That's right bitches!

NT