PDA

View Full Version : Odds

RiverRider
10-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Im new to limit and I have a lot of difficulty calculating the odds while playing. It takes me too much time. I would like to know if you use a table or something when playing to help you play/think better and faster. I know that at a certain point it mush become like a instinctive thing but for me its not...

Thanks

cold_cash
10-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Chart (http://www.pokersavvy.com/img/oddscard-web-lrg.gif)

sthief09
10-20-2004, 12:46 AM
with a flush draw or an open-ended straight draw you'll be playing regardless. if (outs)x(immediate pot odds) is close to # of cards left in the deck (46 on flop, 47 on turn), then you can generally make the call, because of implied odds. the only time you might not want to call with a gut shot if you're getting sufficient pot odds is if you think there's a good chance there will be a raise behind you.

in general, don't use charts if you don't have to because you're better off learning to do it on the fly. if you don't understand when to call and that stuff, I can give you a run down of how to use pot odds and whne to call I'll give you a nice write-up, but if you're just looking for a quick way to do it, your best bet is to just estimate by rounding down. if there's 46 in the pot and it's 4 to call, then just say you're getting 11-1

RiverRider
10-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif
This will be usefull