PDA

View Full Version : Whose monster is bigger?

realbad101
10-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Just moving up to 2/4 on party and would appreciate advice on these two hands...

This first hand is everyone's favorite pocket jacks. I was happy to not flop any overcards, but surprised by the action...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, all-In.BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.25 BB, between SB, Hero and MP3.</font>

The second hand is another favorite KQ. Is the pre-flop raise legit? Should I have stuck around?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.75 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font>

Evan
10-19-2004, 08:40 PM
1) I like it. You won't push him off of a bluff and you won't lose a lot of AA-QQ. I might bet the river, I'm not sure.

2) I wanna 3 bet the river but I don't think I could push myself to do it.

realbad101
10-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks Evan. Anyone else see any glitches?

Haupt_234
10-19-2004, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The second hand is another favorite KQ. Is the pre-flop raise legit? Should I have stuck around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes.

Haupt_234

Spicymoose
10-19-2004, 11:22 PM
1) Why would you not raise the turn, then bet out the river?

2) Seems like an easy 3 bet on the river, they arnt that likely to own the ace.

pokerkai
10-19-2004, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Why would you not raise the turn, then bet out the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. cuz you dont want him to check behind on the river with ace high but dont want to have to fold to a 3 bet on the turn.

2. 3 betting the river i think is a bit on the laggy side.

realbad101
10-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the replys.

1st hand, the villain shows pocket kings.
2nd hand, villian shows AQ with A /images/graemlins/club.gif

My main intent with the post was to see if these could have been reliably sniffed out but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-20-2004, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not 3-betting the river here is fine. constantly making marginal raises and leaving yourself open to 3-bets and caps is a serious leak.

jtr
10-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Welcome to 2/4 realbad.

In hand 1, MP3 is either overplaying a big ace, or he's got an overpair to the flop just like you. Sadly, by the end of the hand, two of the three overpairs you like (88, 99, TT) have turned into trips. But I don't see how you could have played it much differently.

In hand 2, yes, the preflop raise is more than legit, I'd say compulsory. And you did nothing wrong after the flop either.

spamuell
10-20-2004, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, MP2 folds, MP3 3-bets, CO folds, Button folds, all-In.BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is a glitch with the converter and you actually capped. You have four crappy opponents, missing a cap with JJ is a serious error.

I would also have threebet the flop.

Second hand is fine.

Evan
10-20-2004, 08:35 AM
1) Because AK won't bet the river and AA-QQ will likely be too scared/confused to raise

2) They raised the river with a 4 flush on the board and you have the king, how many cards are they likely to have? That answer is not many...when they have the ace you lose 2 BB by raising, when they don't you win 1 BB--so they have to not have an ace almost 70% of the time.

Evan
10-20-2004, 08:37 AM
I don't think not capping JJ out of position is as bad as you say.

spamuell
10-20-2004, 08:46 AM
I don't think not capping JJ out of position is as bad as you say.

There is a 3-bettor and three cold-callers. Put them on hand ranges. Run some sims. Do all this before it is too late to edit your post.