PDA

View Full Version : Proper PokerTracker use - Looking for bleeds

Akimka
10-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Well. Because of my huge downsting I like to start digging for play leaks but just haven't proper approach to it. If you use your PT to looking for leaks please post some of your thoughts - how to look for leaks. What numbers are important and what numbers can help to distinct variation from play leaks. Can someone exactly point out to key number(s) and say - if this number(s) like that so it's vatiation, if like this it's play leaks?

I am really stressed about blinds. Does this numbers mean that i lose too much on blinds or that i don't win enough on non blinds?

Well.. I don't want to cry here - i really need guideline to find out what i doing wrong.

Men, 260BB downsing is PAIN.

Here is my pos. stats:

BUTTON 0.08
1 0.05
2 0.05
3 0.05
4 0.03
5 0.03
6 0.05
7 0.02
BB (0.23)
SB (0.17)

georgesimpson
10-19-2004, 07:52 PM
what is the sample size for these statistics?

It possibly looks like you aren't folding your blinds enough when you don't make a hand.

ncboiler
10-19-2004, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It possibly looks like you aren't folding your blinds enough when you don't make a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you tell anything from what he posted?

wabe
10-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Try posting your VPIP by position instead of money won/lost.

Also, like I've heard in this forum, when you play, write down which hands you had trouble with. Did you feel lost? Did your TPTK get cracked? Then post them here and get advice.

zephed56
10-19-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm no expert...
Replay some hands using PT. I went through a ton of my AQ hands because it was a losing hand. Sometimes I was overplaying it after a preflop raise. Sometimes I could have pushed it harder.
Compare stats on a specific hand, and filter it between a preflop raise and no pf raise. When I first started playing I wasn't pf raising AQo and it wasn't winning as much. There was a big improvement in winning percentage when it was raised. That's one thing I found.
I guess I have to think more with this hand.

detruncate
10-20-2004, 12:34 AM
You're not winning much anywhere, are you? Your numbers in the blinds don't look bad... especially with how low your numbers are across the board. I'd expect you to be winning a lot more in most positions in the long term.

This is the problem with stats. Are you winning much less than you should due to poor play, or are you mostly catching cold cards? The results would look the same.

I find that replaying hands helps me much more than looking at numbers. It can be difficult to figure out if you're playing incorrectly when your confidence is low since you end up second-guessing a lot of your decisions... but a sober second look can give you at least a general idea of whether you're making lots of serious mistakes.

Post questionable hands to help you keep your confidence up and/or look for obvious errors. If you've played a hand ok, great. If not, maybe there's something you can learn that will help turn things around.

Hang in there. It's probably just a matter of time.

afk
10-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Hey Akimka,

You're looking in all the wrong places for your leaks. Forget pokertracker and stats. The very best thing you can do right now is to post hands on the forums. You might post a hand wondering about your turn play, and discover that your play on the flop or river was incorrect for one reason or another. The quickest way to point out your problems is to analyze hands. Just post hands you think you played well or badly, no matter whether you won or lost it.

Akimka
10-20-2004, 05:00 AM
Thanks for all for output.

Some more stats.

The worst part of it that i find my stats good. All is good, PF aggression, flop aggresstion, VPIP...

All but result - ($197) over 11.637 hands. It's deviastating.

Sample size 12.586

VPIP from positions:
BUTTON VPIP 15.88 PFRAISE 10.96
1 16.77 10.53
2 14.96 9.16
3 15.67 8.21
4 14.78 7.35
5 15.71 7.85
6 14.51 7.51
7 15.16 6.65
BB 16.10 6.21
SB 32.22 5.46
==========
Total VPIP 17.60, PF raise 8.09

Top moneymakers
AA 2.23
KK 1.72
TT 1.41
A9s 1.09
ATs 0.96
QQ 0.82

Top moneylosers
65s (0.53)
Q8s (0.42)
87s (0.41)
AJo (0.39)
KTs (0.34)
22 (0.32)
66 (0.31)
A3s (0.31)

Other stat
VPIP 17.05, VPIP SB 31.82, folded sb to st 91.84, folded BB to steal 72.09, att to steal 19.90, Won WSF 28.82, went to SD 30.78, Won $ at SD 51.40 PF raise 7.26

Peter Harris
10-20-2004, 05:45 AM
afraid thats the nature of deviation. Stats look fine, and i'll say instead of bison

"onto the hands".

helpmeout
10-20-2004, 05:55 AM
A lot of the stats really dont mean anything, try adding aggression on each street and your checkraising percentage.

Personally I think you are a bit tight in the blinds against stealers.

Another thing might be that you arent building big pots with your winning hands. Your aggression on later streets and checkraise percentages should help determine this.

What are your reads like? Do you fold when passive players show aggression and do you call down bluffers?

Table selection? Do you sit down with anyone or do you pick the tables with the best fish?

How many tables are you playing at once? I'd be cutting back on this as well.

I would assume you are still studying a lot of books and if you arent make a few purchases and reread the ones you have.

Don't be afraid to jump backdown to 50c/$1 either.

Akimka
10-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Wow. thank you for help.

>A lot of the stats really dont mean anything, try adding
>aggression on each street and your checkraising percentage.

Agression factor
Flop 4.87
Turn 3.13
River 1.71
Total 2.78

Checkraising 0.62% (44 times)

> Personally I think you are a bit tight in the blinds
> against stealers.

Done. I will respect button and CO raise less. Good point.

> What are your reads like? Do you fold when passive
>players show aggression and do you call down
> bluffers?

Yes, i do, but i really rare fold TPTK to turn raise even if that turn raise from passive...

> Table selection? Do you sit down with anyone or do you
> pick the tables with the best fish?

I looking for tables where have at lease 2 people with vpip >30, and overral agression is not high. Most of the 1/2 tables is OK i think.

> How many tables are you playing at once? I'd be cutting
> back on this as well.

Well... I am 4tabling. So i think 2tabling will do better at this time.

> I would assume you are still studying a lot of books and
> if you arent make a few purchases and reread the ones
> you have.

I think i will reread my TOP and HPFAP...

> Don't be afraid to jump backdown to 50c/$1 either.

Well.. This is that i will do last... I think backdown to 05/1 is a total disaster... My bankroll is still suficcient for 1/2 and i think that i not totally dubm to be EV- here... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you!

helpmeout
10-20-2004, 07:07 AM
4.87 on the flop wow that seems overly aggressive to me.

My aggression stats are pretty close to 2 on the flop,turn and river. I dont know what the optimum stats are but Id say over 4 on the flop probably means you are betting anything.

You definately want to checkraise a bit more. Mine is up around 2% so you might want to get it to 1% at least. Its a useful tool so make use of it a bit more.

Try checkraising against preflop raisers and also people who raise you on the flop. If you have a strong hand and there arent many players then a turn checkraise helps to add money to the pot. They now pay twice a small bet instead of only 1 small bet.

Only 2 people with VPIP of 30+ that seems pretty horrible. I'm not sure how much tighter 1/2 is but when I play 50c/$1 I'm looking for a couple of 60+ VPIP or 1 80+ at least.

Moving down limits isnt a disaster, remember you are still learning. It is better to move down now than bust out at an even higher limit.

Mr. Graff
10-20-2004, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

> What are your reads like? Do you fold when passive
>players show aggression and do you call down
> bluffers?

Yes, i do, but i really rare fold TPTK to turn raise even if that turn raise from passive...

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a leak, especially when coming from passives - something I'm strugling with too!

Looking at your VPIP I noticed UTG is actually a bit higher than CO. You may be playing to many hands from EP and too few from LP.

skirtus
10-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Like alot of other said, you really need to post hands so some of the micro experts can help you. It could just be a real nasty downswing. I know I would be scratching my head if I was down 250BB. I just came out of a 3K hand downslide that had me frustrated. Try posting 5-6 hands from each session. Pick hands you won and lost. I dont think anyone can determine your problems from these stats. Hell, you may be playing fine but you just need to appease the Poker Gods. Anyone know any good sacrificial rituals.

btspider
10-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Your last swing (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1119677&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1) seemed to be made worse by some inappropriate chip spewing. Is this the same downswing or a new one? Post hands or take a break. Both will help.

Akimka
10-20-2004, 10:34 AM
The same one, it only become worse.. Thanks bison, i doing my best to stop throw out chips /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Today session is much better - +25BB... Well... May be i will survive /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Huhmare
10-20-2004, 11:55 AM
I noticed that you seem to raise and maybe even 3-bet hands that have very possible chance of losing( i checked out your last post). I had that same problem a while ago. At first I won 100BB in few days and it affected me to go overly aggressive. I lost 130BB in a weekend. Many loose players call with just about anything and raise only when they hit a big hand.. If you face a raise when it is obvious that you have good hand, you must slow down.. Even AA and KK are very well beatable.

Quercus
10-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Post more hands - a lot more hands. But please resist the temptation to post them together - just do them one at a time.

Put the Poker Tracker stats away - they don't have the answer to your problem. Your problem is that, like everyone else here, you are playing too many hands poorly.

Start posting hands that aren't completely trivial, but that you think you played correctly for analysis. You will be surprised at how often others see holes in your play.

Poker Tracker stats are probably 0 EV across all poker players. For every player who uses them correctly to improve his play, there is another player that attempts to massage the data to fit some preconceived notion about "goodness." ("Hmm... my turn aggression number is 2.1 and it should be 2.5 or greater, I MUST SPEW MORE CHIPS ON THE TURN TO FIX IT!!!!!!")

Its not in the stats, its in the hands.

prrthd
10-20-2004, 12:54 PM
These numbers look pretty darn good to me. So I am going to take a shot in the dark and guess you may need to work on table selection. What avg. pot size do you shoot for when you look for a table?

Quercus
10-20-2004, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So I am going to take a shot in the dark and guess you may need to work on table selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't be a winning poker player and lose at 0.5/1.0 because of poor table selection.

Its the play, its always the play.

Akimka
10-20-2004, 04:00 PM
I need to say that i played more hands than 12k /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have on 26500 hands of 1/2 winrate 2.21bb/100 so may be i don't need to complain /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well. And also i need to say that i won 100BB today so may be all will go better /images/graemlins/smile.gif

helpmeout
10-20-2004, 08:07 PM
After looking at those other hands you posted and your aggression factor on the flop it seems to me that your problem is overvaluing your hands and not respecting your opponents raising.

TPTK and overpair hands are good hands but when someone 3 bets you you are usually beat.