PDA

View Full Version : Is this a leak (low content)?

chesspain
10-19-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm in the SB and am dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif...before I can act, I get the dreaded Party "Establishing Connection" box...

When my screen refreshes, I see that the BB has J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and the board is the following:

(J /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

...and the monster three dollar side pot gets pushed my way.

UGH /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MoreWineII
10-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Yes, invest in cable internet.

Fnord
10-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Ouch, that's almost a reload bonus worth of "leaked" value...

chesspain
10-19-2004, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, invest in cable internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually have broadband cable access. I think the problem was on Party's end, as two other players at the table stated that they were fighting disconnections as well.

Entity
10-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Did it just happen? I can't get on Party right now either. :P

Rob

chesspain
10-19-2004, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did it just happen? I can't get on Party right now either. :P

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened around 6:45p EST.

DesertCat
10-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Same thing just happened to me with my set of Jacks on Empire. I had one table that kept disconnecting, while the others were fine, finally the problems started leaking over to the other tables. I finally logged out and can't get back in...

thirddan
10-19-2004, 07:44 PM
It works the other way too...

3/6 Pacific

UTG raises, 4 cold callers, Hero 3bets with KK, UTG gets disconnected...Long story short, Hero wins side pot with KK a little over 100 dollars, UTG wins main pot with AA for about 20 bucks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Evan
10-19-2004, 07:51 PM
This is a big leak. You should stay connected next time and it's not even close, do you see why?

MAxx
10-19-2004, 09:10 PM
this is kinda relevant, but not on point exactly. i had a similar experience with pocket rockets on a new internet connection. i had just gotten AA and capped pf and then 3bet flop. i was having a connectivety issue and got disconnected before the turn action, once i got back to the table I noticed that I hadn't won a side pot. For the next few hours I had thoughts that I got screwed out of a big pot. I decided that it was just one of the downsides of internet poker and was just another bad beat and I should just blow it off as so.

As it turned out later when replaying the hand, it actually saved me a few BBs. One of the other guys floped a set or something like that.

I guess my message is that your "loss" with probably happen again sometime and if you just chalk it up like another beat, then maybe that helps.

If not continue to break sh-t.