PDA

View Full Version : Priorities, John Edwards' hair

GWB
10-19-2004, 05:52 PM
"For a guy who's been known derisively to the Bush crowd as the Breck girl," observes Shearer, vice presidential candidate John Edwards seems "way too interested in his hair." He tries to straighten it with his fingers. A makeup technician approaches with a comb, but the senator likes it just so and does the combing himself. He signals he's ready for hair spray by closing his eyes expectantly, like a child. Then Edwards and the technician straighten a little more with their fingers. Please don't tell me that thing in his hand is a compact. Oh, dear. It is. (http://slate.msn.com/id/2108216/slideshow/2108085/entry/2108087/speed/100)

andyfox
10-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Cheney's right. We're much safer with you as president than we would be with the other guy.

wacki
10-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Funny video, I wish it had sound. I wonder what the average time for makeup is before a shoot.

Daliman
10-19-2004, 06:48 PM
maybe if you spent as much time on YOUR appearance, you wouldnt have strange bulges in the back of your jacket.

Some people spend 3 minutes making sure they look good, some spend 7 minutes waiting to be told what to do after they find out the country they are the unelected leader of is attacked.

slickpoppa
10-19-2004, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"For a guy who's been known derisively to the Bush crowd as the Breck girl," observes Shearer, vice presidential candidate John Edwards seems "way too interested in his hair." He tries to straighten it with his fingers. A makeup technician approaches with a comb, but the senator likes it just so and does the combing himself. He signals he's ready for hair spray by closing his eyes expectantly, like a child. Then Edwards and the technician straighten a little more with their fingers. Please don't tell me that thing in his hand is a compact. Oh, dear. It is. (http://slate.msn.com/id/2108216/slideshow/2108085/entry/2108087/speed/100)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, not all of us can roll out of bed with hair as good as Dick Cheney's.

wacki
10-19-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe if you spent as much time on YOUR appearance, you wouldnt have strange bulges in the back of your jacket.

Some people spend 3 minutes making sure they look good, some spend 7 minutes waiting to be told what to do after they find out the country they are the unelected leader of is attacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither one is a big deal. There are apolitical generals that came out and defended Bush's actions on that day. And it doesn't matter that Edwards spent that much time on his hair. It just means he is thorough. Every little bit counts on camera.

ThaSaltCracka
10-19-2004, 08:08 PM
haha, he looks like a [censored] girl.

You know my favorite video of politicians doing their hair is the one in Farenheit 9/11 of Paul Wolfowitz spitting into his hand then combing his hair.

dirty muthafucka

Glitchh
10-19-2004, 08:11 PM
If I remember correctly there's also a very funny clip of Bush getting his make-up applied /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-19-2004, 08:13 PM
haha yup there was.

Nepa
10-19-2004, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do always have to steal stuff from thedrudgereport?

vulturesrow
10-19-2004, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you prefer a guy who said (and I quote (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0407/08/lkl.00.html) ) : And as I came in, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us, we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon.

The second plane hit at 0903, and the Pentagon was hit at 0943. So by his own admission, for 40 minutes Kerry was unable to think. Pretty good reaction for someone who is supposedly a leader in the Senate (at least in his own mind) and wants to be the Commander in Chief.

wacki
10-19-2004, 11:14 PM
FORWARDED BY: http://Vets4Bush.com
New York Times
July 9, 2004
"With Bush On 9/11"
To the Editor: Re "Moore's Public Service," by Paul Krugman (column, July 2):
I am not sure where Paul Krugman and Michael Moore were on 9/11, but I was with President Bush for almost two hours. As commander of the 8th Air Force, I was present when President Bush stopped to deliver a message to the American people at Barksdale Air Force Base. Throughout my career, I have seen the best and the worst of people under extreme pressure. President Bush arrived at Barksdale deeply saddened and obviously concerned, but he was a man on a mission, courageous and decisive. He was totally in command. I have kept relatively quiet about my experiences with the president on 9/11, but I cannot sit back and allow Hollywood and the media to rewrite history. I was there, and I consider myself a good judge of leadership. We were fortunate that President Bush was our commander in chief on 9/11.

Lieutenant General Thomas J. Keck USAF (Ret)
Tucson, July 5, 2004

wacki
10-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Good post vulturesrow.

Daliman
10-19-2004, 11:50 PM
there's a big differnce between SAYING you felt like you couldn't think for that period of time and actually being SHOWN not being able to think for that period of time. Hell, i felt like I couldnt think either, but I was only selling tires at the time. THis is the de facto leader of the "free" world, looking like a deer caught in the headlights. Quit defending that which you would attack if it were a democrat.

vulturesrow
10-20-2004, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there's a big differnce between SAYING you felt like you couldn't think for that period of time and actually being SHOWN not being able to think for that period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know what Bush was thinking? Do you think that 7 minutes is an unreasonable amount of time to gather your thoughts and think about a plan of action? What do you think Bush would have gained by rushing out of that classroom? Kerry wants to be the leader of the nation and did nothing for 40 minutes.

[ QUOTE ]
Quit defending that which you would attack if it were a democrat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony at its finest. Thanks for the laugh.

lastchance
10-20-2004, 12:49 AM
I think you can easily take 40 minutes before coming to a decision this big. If you're the president, there's very little you can do at the ground level, and you have to let people do their job.

That said, Bush really looked like a leader on 9/11, and anyone who says otherwise believes he wants to believe.

wacki
10-20-2004, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can easily take 40 minutes before coming to a decision this big. If you're the president, there's very little you can do at the ground level, and you have to let people do their job.

That said, Bush really looked like a leader on 9/11, and anyone who says otherwise believes he wants to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woohooo! Another voice of reason on the 2+2 politics forums. Lastchance, welcome aboard.

elwoodblues
10-20-2004, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That said, Bush really looked like a leader on 9/11

[/ QUOTE ]

The part that you saw on 9/11 and shortly thereafter, he did look like a leader. The video that you've only seen because of F 9/11 made him look like an absolute moron.

tanda
10-20-2004, 09:49 AM
That video proves nothing except that Ahnuld was right ... they are girlie-men.

Real men do not use compacts.

Abednego
10-20-2004, 10:01 AM
What should he have done in those 7 minutes?

Glitchh
10-20-2004, 10:03 AM
He had a responsibility to continue reading the children's book to that class! If it were Kerry he would have shirked that responsibility and left the poor children without finishing the story!

lastchance
10-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Being a leader is often about what other people see. All leaders may have some point of indecisiveness. Showing strength when you are really weak or indecisive is a pretty big part of leadership. I remember being completely stunned when I was told about the attacks, and if you are the President, you will need some time to digest this all. If Bush wants to digest his information the way he did, it is fine with me.

Though you may be right, in that a President should try to focus his full attention upon what he was about to do, and trying to get up to speed with the situation as fast as possible.

However, I cannot blame Bush for being stunned for a while, though I would very much like to know what was going on behind his mind. Gotta try to calm down and make sure you're focused enough to do what needs to be done.