PDA

View Full Version : This is what I discovered...

Goodie54
10-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Each pitch, each breathless and overwelmingly agonizing pitch that Wakefield or Myers or Arroyo or even Pedro throws take time off my life.

Being a Red Sox fan is wonderful. Wonderful and miserable all wrapped into one.

Has anyone else found themselves rocking like a crazy person (just like Terry) in thier living room chair every half inning the evil empire is at bat?

Did anyone else collapse to the floor after the euphoria wore off feeling like they had just taken the Massachusetts State Bar exam 14 consecutive times?

Does anyone want more?

I do.

Peace

Goodie

Ed Miller
10-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Each pitch, each breathless and overwelmingly agonizing pitch that Wakefield or Myers or Arroyo or even Pedro throws take time off my life.

Wake had me shaking last night. He's had a rough year, and I was fearing the worst. But he turned it on at just the right time.

Hopefully Varitek will catch the ball today, though.

Aces McGee
10-19-2004, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully Varitek will catch the ball today, though

[/ QUOTE ]

I still can't believe Francona didn't bring in Mirabelli to catch the 14th. I mean, I know it's Francona, but sheesh.

-McGee

Ed Miller
10-19-2004, 04:58 PM
I still can't believe Francona didn't bring in Mirabelli to catch the 14th. I mean, I know it's Francona, but sheesh.

Ya, I was wondering that myself. I've never seen anyone passed balled to third like that before.. ever.

JinX11
10-19-2004, 05:05 PM
But, oh, it could've been so much worse.... I didn't know whether I wanted Sierra to strikeout or put the ball in play there in the 13th.

scrub
10-19-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since (1) Mirabelli has had a good offensive year and had some clutch hits late in the regular season and (2) Varitek had a lot of trouble with Wakefield the last time this situation came up.

scrub

ThaSaltCracka
10-19-2004, 05:09 PM
I think maybe Francona didn't know how long he was going to keep Wakefield in. He could have thought that he was only going to have Wakefield pitch one or two innings than move to someone else.

Aces McGee
10-19-2004, 05:34 PM
I figured Francona left Varitek in for the 13th so he could hit in the bottom half, but that he'd definitely go to Mirabelli in the 14th.

Of course, if it was me managing, with my season standing 90 feeting away, I would've gone to Mirabelli as soon as the third passed ball happened.

-McGee