PDA

View Full Version : What is the best NL site to play at?

snowbank
10-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Most people say Party/Empire is the best Limit site to play at. What do you think is the best NL site to play at?

snowbank
10-19-2004, 07:12 PM

TheGrifter
10-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I like Prima.

Captain Cooks/Royal Vegas/The Gaming club...etc..

snowbank
10-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Not Party/Empire? I thought they were the softest?

Freakin
10-19-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like Prima.

Captain Cooks/Royal Vegas/The Gaming club...etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Prima.

I always pull most of my money out of The Gaming Club to put other places, but leave myself with $25 or so. Playing late at night and playing ultra-tight (VP$IP<16) I grow that to $300 or so then repeat the process. Those late-night games I usually average 25-35BB/hr at the .25/.50NL tables without ANY problems(not sustainable, i know). I don't know if it's because late-night it's mostly euro players on my tables, but I get an absurd amount of action whenever I get the nuts. An example of a hand:

Hero is MP2 with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG raises to $1. Hero calls, rest of table folds.
Flop ($2.75): 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG Bets $2
Hero Calls

Turn ($6.75): 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG Bets $4
Hero Calls

River ($14.75): A /images/graemlins/club.gif - My money card
UTG Goes all-in for $52.65
Hero says "Sorry" and Calls $52.65

Total pot size: $117.05

It has not been uncommon for me to see behavior like this. I am often given free or cheap draws, and they usually pay me off when they hit (this was an ideal situation, of course). Can you guess what UTG had?

I have found the games to be much tigher during the days, however, and usually only beat them for 5-10BB/hr.

Freakin