PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad luck or is it a tilt?

pocket3s
10-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Two weeks ago, I started playing sngs at pokerroom.com on friday night. By Sunday, I had turned my initial $22 investment into well over $500 dollars. I was winning most of the tourneys I entered and almost always finishing in the money when I didn't. I was in the zone, but then monday came and I couldn't spend every waking hour playing. That day I withdrew all but 100 of my winnings. Since that time I have not been able to win one tourney and haven't finished higher than fourth. I have had some of the worst beats ever and I have blown through three hundred of what I made. I have tried taking a couple of days off, I have tried different strategies, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone been through this? Is this just statistics catching up with me or am I pushing too hard? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Daxonovitch
10-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Many people consider 30 buyins swings relatively rare, but possible. I think over the course of 1000 sngs, most people will encounter a downward-30-buyin swing at least once.

So when you say that you've lost a handful of buyins, I'm certainly not surprised.

pocket3s
10-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Stop being a little bitch. Why do you have to write so much? Just play your best and everything will even out. My goodness, you are such a whiner. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pocket3s
10-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Just to let everyone know, the reply that I posted was me talking to myself. I was not in anyway criticizing the kind fellow who took time to respond to my question. If anyone is concerned about me talking to myself, we are seeing someone and should become one soon. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

fat_nutz
10-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Stop being a little bitch. Why do you have to write so much? Just play your best and everything will even out. My goodness, you are such a whiner.

Cleveland Guy
10-19-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this just statistics catching up with me or am I pushing too hard? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably both. Stats are catching up to you, your playing to hard, and people are now picking on you. I played a couple of them last night. what is your SN on there? maybe we could sit in one together?

pocket3s
10-19-2004, 05:02 PM
I am sehnprog on there. I don't know what you by people picking on me, but I would love some outside advice.

SmileyEH
10-19-2004, 05:40 PM
I can't imagine a 30 buy in down swing over 1000 tourneys being purely statistical for a winning player.

-SmileyEH

AceFace
10-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Why, it's the Cash-Out Curse, of course!!

Don't u know these sites are rigged ??

/images/graemlins/wink.gif