PDA

View Full Version : Question about $55 SnG

fiyah
10-19-2004, 03:24 PM
I was reading a thread where someone suggested that in $55 SnG, 10/9s is a better than to push in than K2o, what is the reasoning for this, if anyone would not mind sharing? Also does this mean that 10/9s is better than K6o or A6o?

pocket3s
10-19-2004, 03:43 PM
I hope your joking. You are joking, right?

ThorGoT
10-19-2004, 03:53 PM
There are two things that can happen when you push in. Everyone folds, and you win. In that case, it doesn't matter what you have, or what they have. Or someone calls. If someone calls, then you want to have a hand that matches up well with a calling hand. If people have trash, they fold. If they have a mediocra hand, they fold. People tend to call with things like Ax, or 77, or better. So you want a hand that matches up well against hands like Ax, 77, or better. Go to twodimes.net, and try running a few hands against Ax and 77. What you will see is that T9s does better than K2o.

The one thing you really want to avoid is having a dominated hand. Since Ax (where x is high) is likely to call, going all in with A6o isn't the best idea. If you get called, there's a relatively good chance it will be by an A with a higher kicker, so you're dominated.

That's my understanding of it, at least.

Chief911
10-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Its the 2 live cards strategy. Thor said pretty well. I think that cards are much less relevent in situations like this (What you are stealing with if its really a steal) than your position, and the players you are trying to steal over.

Nick

rachelwxm
10-19-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10/9s is a better than to push in than K2o

[/ QUOTE ]
This is absolutely true since T9s is better than K2o against any group of hands from Top 15% to any2, not to say you have big risk of being dominated if get called.

Daxonovitch
10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one thing you really want to avoid is having a dominated hand. Since Ax (where x is high) is likely to call, going all in with A6o isn't the best idea. If you get called, there's a relatively good chance it will be by an A with a higher kicker, so you're dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. You're even likely to be called by Kx which is a flat out disaster for K2. With T9 you're likely to pick up the blinds, as well as have some live cards vs Ax or 22-88. Obviously, 99, TT, AT and A9 are disasters, but even AJ AQ AK isn't too bad. And if you run into those big hands, ok, well hopefully you've been stealing enough to survive it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif