PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Hand

beeyjay
10-19-2004, 01:13 PM
This hand came up this morning in a 10 dollar party sng. At first my eyes were lighting up but by the time the action got back to me it crossed my mind to pass. I don't know but I don't think I've ever seen so many pairs. (The original raiser said he folded 3s as well)

Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 7: Billzsas ( $730 )
Seat 8: beeyjay ( $1750 )
Seat 9: Vermit ( $1075 )
Seat 6: BoOKieDaN ( $1280 )
Seat 4: sirsveinn ( $1010 )
Seat 5: A9Suited ( $860 )
Seat 10: dijon ( $1010 )
Seat 1: ranzal8754 ( $285 )
Trny:6599422 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to beeyjay [ Ac Ad ]
A9Suited folds.
BoOKieDaN raises [200].
Billzsas raises [400].
beeyjay calls [400].
Vermit is all-In.
dijon folds.
ranzal8754 is all-In.
sirsveinn is all-In.
BoOKieDaN folds.
Billzsas is all-In.
beeyjay calls [675].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8h, 2c, 5s ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qc ]
Billzsas shows [ Jc, Js ] a pair of jacks.
beeyjay shows [ Ac, Ad ] a pair of aces.
Vermit shows [ Qd, Qh ] three of a kind, queens.
ranzal8754 shows [ 8c, 9d ] a pair of eights.
sirsveinn shows [ Ks, Kd ] a pair of kings.
ranzal8754 finished in eighth place.
Billzsas finished in seventh place.
sirsveinn finished in sixth place.
Vermit wins 130 chips from side pot #3 with three of a kind, queens.
Vermit wins 840 chips from side pot #2 with three of a kind, queens.
Vermit wins 1780 chips from side pot #1 with three of a kind, queens.
Vermit wins 1625 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, queens.
ranzal8754 has left the table.
sirsveinn has left the table.
Billzsas has left the table.

Cleveland Guy
10-19-2004, 01:43 PM
very crazy hand - but you also misplayed it.

After a raise and a re-raise I'm pushing all in with my AA here.

The last thing you want is a multiway pot. Push all in representing a strong hand and some people will fold. Maybe the QQ would have been smart enough, maybe he wouldn't have been. But you don't want that many people in a pot with you holding AA.

beeyjay
10-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. My thinking at the time was that the blinds were at 50/100 and there were still 8 people left so the stacks were miniscule compared to the blinds so everybody had tightened up a lot. This was the first pot that had not been folded to the initial raise for at least a little while so I figured it would be folded around the table but I was hoping that the initial raiser would play as well. In short, I thought there was no way anyone else would play as everybody seemed to be avoiding action so I was hoping to keep the 2 opponents before me as opposed to just one. When the rest of the table came in I was definitly unhappy and almost contemplated folding.

Looking back though I do agree with you that I was wrong based on my chip position at the time. Had I been the short stack I would have wanted both the players before me in but since I had the big stack I should have just tried to pick up the pot right there and not risk someone outflopping me. Do you agree with this, or do you think I should always reraise in this position.

Cleveland Guy
10-19-2004, 02:36 PM
Bilzsas started with 730. Why he didn't just push all in I don't know. But I doubt he is folding 330 into any pot if you re-raised.

Assume a normal hand ( I know this was crazy). You push all in with your AA. You will probably get called only by the 2nd raiser. You will get his 730 chips, plus the 200 from the original raiser, plus the 150 from the blinds.

So you would be playing heads up for an extra 1080 chips. That's a 60% increase of your stack. I'd be very happy with that any day.

Also - after a raise and a re-raise, I think it's almost always a smart move to just push with AA. Narrow the field, one of the 2 raisers will almost always pay you off.

AtlBrvs4Life
10-19-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The last thing you want is a multiway pot. Push all in representing a strong hand and some people will fold. Maybe the QQ would have been smart enough, maybe he wouldn't have been. But you don't want that many people in a pot with you holding AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you want a multiway pot with AA?

Cleveland Guy
10-19-2004, 03:51 PM
your odds go way down.

I can't reach twodimes from work, but I gotta believe in that pot, even holding the top pair pre-flop he was a big dog vs. the field as a whole to win the pot.

I'd rather play 1 person for 1,200 chips, than 4 people for 300 chips each with my AA preflop.

AtlBrvs4Life
10-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Sure your chances of winning go down, but you're playing to quadruple up instead of double up. Are you going to fold AA because "it doesn't play well in a multi-way pot" if it is the first hand of the tournament and 5 people go all-in in front of you?

Cleveland Guy
10-19-2004, 04:52 PM
No I'm not going to fold it preflop.

But if you just call the 400. and it's a 5 way pot, and the flop comes JJT - 2 hearts. and 2 people go all in post flop - are you now going to call or have thrown away the 400 with AA.

I'd much rather go all in pre-flop here and have 3 others make the decision if they want to call me or not.

AtlBrvs4Life
10-19-2004, 04:58 PM
I never said that he played the hand right. I just disagree with the statement that AA doesn't play well in multi-way pots.