PDA

View Full Version : Rice to Seattle

kerssens
10-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Ok, so Koren Robinson is gonna probably be suspended and Bobby Engram might be out for a week or two but does this move really make a difference?

ThaSaltCracka
10-19-2004, 01:07 PM
well if Robinson and Engram are both going to be out, then yes it does. If they weren't then no.

wayabvpar
10-19-2004, 03:03 PM
I would have rather seen McCardell; he might be of limited use after this season if they were inclined to keep him around. That, and I hate Jerry Rice with the fire of a thousand suns.

kerssens
10-19-2004, 03:19 PM
McCardell would have cost more than a conditional 7th round pick though and would he provide more production? probably but how much?

wayabvpar
10-19-2004, 03:33 PM
I think he would have cost more too, which is why they didn't go for it (and I agree with them). I heard someone on KJR guessing that they might give Oakland a 4th rounder for Rice, which would have been WAY too much.

I don't mind the deal; I don't think it will have any real impact, but I like that they are doing everything they can to maximize their chances this year. Teaching Koren Robinson to catch the goddamned ball would probably be even more helpful...