PDA

View Full Version : Rate this play please

Rasputin
10-19-2004, 11:30 AM
And forgive the non converter format as the converter seems to be blocked from work.

Late in a pokerstars $6.50 one table turbo

PokerStars Game #780931664: Tournament #3069010, Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2004/10/18 - 18:45:16 (ET)
Table '3069010 1' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 3: Bigone50 (4145 in chips)
Seat 4: kc10driver (3860 in chips)
Seat 8: SOSHHSB (5495 in chips)
Bigone50: posts the ante 25
kc10driver: posts the ante 25
SOSHHSB: posts the ante 25
Bigone50: posts small blind 100
kc10driver: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SOSHHSB [Ks Qd]
SOSHHSB: raises 400 to 600
Bigone50: raises 400 to 1000
kc10driver: calls 800
SOSHHSB: raises 4470 to 5470 and is all-in
Bigone50: folds
kc10driver: calls 2835 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [6s 8c Kh]
kc10driver said, "nh"
*** TURN *** [6s 8c Kh] [9h]
*** RIVER *** [6s 8c Kh 9h] [Td]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kc10driver: shows [Th Ac] (a pair of Tens)
SOSHHSB: shows [Ks Qd] (a pair of Kings)
SOSHHSB collected 8745 from pot
SOSHHSB said, "tx, gg"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8745 | Rake 0
Board [6s 8c Kh 9h Td]
Seat 3: Bigone50 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: kc10driver (big blind) showed [Th Ac] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 8: SOSHHSB (button) showed [Ks Qd] and won (8745) with a pair of Kings

This hand happened shortly after a nice little run of cards for me so I was sure it would appear to the opponents as if I were stealing with reckless abandon when I really wasn't. I put the first re-raiser on a resteal and figured the second guy actually had a hand since he called a raise and a re-raise.

I figured if he'd had AA or KK he'd try to end it there but wasn't too sure of this but figured it was unlikely that he had either of them and that it was much more likely he had Ace-something with the something probably being less than my queen. I figured I was screwed if it was AA, KK, AK, or AQ but that I was unlikely to be facing any of those.

Comments?

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> pokenum -h ac th - ks qd
Holdem Hi: 1712304 enumerated boards
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ac Th 1020190 59.58 685691 40.04 6423 0.38 0.598
Ks Qd 685691 40.04 1020190 59.58 6423 0.38 0.402 </pre><hr />

So a 40% chance of winning 8745 for a bet of 2835 (roughly 3-1).

rjb03
10-19-2004, 06:15 PM
It was a bad play. You post the percentages that your hand will win against AT. Who cares? You didn't know he had AT. He could have had you dominated or worse. No way should you reraise a raise that was already cold called. Anyways, how can you put the reraiser on a resteal unless you have a read that he will push it hard on the flop with any two cards he raised preflop? He min raised you; he can't possibly expect you to fold.

willie
10-19-2004, 06:35 PM
a little fast for my liking

kq has become one of my least favorite hands. simply because aq and ak are such common raising hands that you have to be wary of what is going on around you.

you got lucky he only had AT.

i see this as a bit wreckless preflop but you got a big return on your hand.

Rasputin
10-20-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You post the percentages that your hand will win against AT. Who cares? You didn't know he had AT. He could have had you dominated or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough, I suppose, but everything that had happened up until that point told me he had an ace and something smaller than a Q, and that's what he had.

Also keep in mind that this is at a low level and the players (myself included, I'm sure) just aren't that sophisticated. If either of these guys had had AA, KK, or AK I am sure they would have raised all in.

[ QUOTE ]
He min raised you; he can't possibly expect you to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken, but I think he actually did expect me to fold. I'd won a string of five or six uncontested pots in the past eight or so and his re-raise reeked of frustration to me.

Mez
10-20-2004, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
True enough, I suppose, but everything that had happened up until that point told me he had an ace and something smaller than a Q, and that's what he had.

Also keep in mind that this is at a low level and the players (myself included, I'm sure) just aren't that sophisticated. If either of these guys had had AA, KK, or AK I am sure they would have raised all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you devise that the player had AJ or lower. Sounds like hindsight speaking to me.

I don't think the level matters, AA &amp; KK , will want you in the hand, you won't get re-raised allin. You'll get min raised, especially by lower tier players. Those afraid of a flop are upper buy in players - they'll push.

Personally you played the hand (KQ) too aggressive for my liking in that spot.

housenuts
10-20-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rasp, constructive criticism here. i think it was a horrible play. you put him on AJ or a lower ace (how you put him on that i don't know) but nonetheless any ace hand is still a favourite over yours. so you're either gonna be dominated or a small dog. you just got lucky.

now if you had called the raise, and then saw the K on the flop you can push.

Baked67
10-21-2004, 10:32 AM
I personally think you got very lucky that both your cards were live here...you have a healthy stack at this point and w/ a re-raise in front of you, going all in w/ KQo before the flop is very reckless IMO...