PDA

View Full Version : Empire E-mail/Bonus

Barry_G
10-19-2004, 10:54 AM
I got an e-mail from empire with the subject heading: $5000 FREE tournament and $500 real cash into your account. Sounds like a $500 bonus (i'm hoping).

Recently did the 20% bonus for $100 and cashed out.

Problem is when i open e-mail i can't read it. I only see EMPIRE logo and Dear XXXXXXX, then its blank. Sent a couple e-mails but no response so far. Any ideas on how to open this e-mail or whats wrong with it?

Lebronomania
10-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Your anti-virus software may be blocking the pictures. When I used Outlook, I just have to press a button and the program unblocks the pictures.

CountDuckula
10-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Can you view it in raw mode? How to do this depends on what you're using to read it; in Thunderbird, which I use, you'd hit Ctrl-U while reading the message, or select View and then Message Source from the menu. It sounds to me as if the HTML in the message might be busted for some reason.

You could forward it to me and have me look at it; if you want to try that, please PM me for my email address.

-Mike

CountDuckula
10-19-2004, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your anti-virus software may be blocking the pictures. When I used Outlook, I just have to press a button and the program unblocks the pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a possibility, too. This is why I hate getting email in HTML format; I have my own mail clients set up to view it in text mode, but when the text is carried in images, that doesn't work.

-Mike

nirv
10-19-2004, 11:03 AM
I had the same email a couple of weeks ago, there was no blocked html/pics or anything. I forwarded it to them asking to send it again with the actual details but alas no reply.

Barry_G
10-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Yeah i use outlook express and have to click to get it to show html. Just received a response that this e-mail was sent in error and i'm not eligible for this bonus. Thought this just happened a week or two ago. What gives with empire and these e-mails?

CountDuckula
10-19-2004, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah i use outlook express and have to click to get it to show html.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might still be a raw mode or message source option somewhere in there, which could help. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I'm not familiar with OE anymore (I refuse to use it because of the security problems).

[ QUOTE ]
Just received a response that this e-mail was sent in error and i'm not eligible for this bonus. Thought this just happened a week or two ago. What gives with empire and these e-mails?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're a bunch of idiots. Sigh....

-Mike

Bytestream
10-19-2004, 11:13 AM
set up a free hotmail account and forward the messages to it...

BradleyT
10-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Right click the message and View Source.