PDA

View Full Version : AK vs turn raise again...

Guy McSucker
10-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Same question: do you drop this at some point?

Opponent is reasonably solid and tight.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: SuckerMC is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SuckerMC raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SuckerMC bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SuckerMC bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, SuckerMC calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SuckerMC checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, SuckerMC calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.50 BB, between SuckerMC and BB.</font>

turnipmonster
10-19-2004, 10:21 AM
tough decision. I personally never muck this unless opponent is a real rock, and I know he won't do this with AQ. although the checkraise is much stronger than a positional raise here, so maybe it's folding time. who folds the turn?

--turnipmonster

fsuplayer
10-19-2004, 10:58 AM
i never fold this turn. i have actually begun to 3bet it much more now though. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

i see this done with so many hands at the 10/20 that i am 3betting it more and more.

any additional advantage of the turn 3 bet is that it will slow him way down.

most of these players (even the aggressive ones) are not capping here with an A5 or A8.

you 3bet, they call, you bet river.

if they cap you have an easier fold on the river (again, opponent dependent) if you dont two pair/trip up.

gonores had a post recently (in his journals i think) about the turn CR and its power. it will slow down most players into calling with very good hands, while making some players suspicious and will call you down with any part of the board.

so if you have AQ utg, raised and are HU on a flop of A49r you bet and are called, try the turn CR here, as even A4 wont 3 bet you here, but 910 will call you down bc it looks as though you are trying to put a play on him.

fsuplayer