PDA

View Full Version : KJx UTG

Losfer
10-19-2004, 07:28 AM
I can't seem to convince my self to fold PF w/ this hand in this position. Aside from that, I was wondering about the rest of my play. Also, if I'm going to play it, should I raise w/ it?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

I raise hoping to get the pot heads up w/ CO, but obviosly that tactic doesn't work. Is this generally a bad play? Also, do I need to be more worried about the T out there?

Turn: (9.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Now that I have TP and OESD I don't want to give a free card, and since CO only called my raise on the flop I'm worried it will get checked around.

River: (16.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Even though I'm pretty sure someone has the flush, I figure the pot is big enough that I can't take the chance of folding my straight if it's good. Is it so obvious that someone has the flush that I need to fold?

Final Pot: 19.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19.75 BB, between CO, Hero and UTG+1.</font> &gt; Pot won by UTG+1 (19.75 BB).

Hero has Kh Js (straight, king high).
UTG+1 has 3d 6d (flush, queen high).
CO has Kd Qs (straight, king high).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 19.75 BB.

Jimbobobb
10-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Don't post results. You know you should be folding this in this position, so start doing that. Your check raise on the flop confuses me. Do you think you can throw CO off his hand and the rest of the field will fold enough to make this play? After CO raises you on the turn, He most likely has AJ at the very least, and you're probably drawing to your straight to win. Calling the river seems fine in that big pot. Although you're probably hoping for a split at best.

sin808
10-19-2004, 08:08 AM
I'd fold this pf. I don't see your OESD either?

Peter Harris
10-19-2004, 08:12 AM
the only worse PF limp was the one to your left. 36s yuck. But KJo UTG is an instamuck at 1/2.

The flop checkraise is pretty thin, the turn isn't an OESD, you need the Q.

You hit it on the river, i guess paying off a flush is fine.

But you would have saved a lot of bets (7) by folding preflop.

Regards,
Pete Harris

davelin
10-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Fold pre-

Entity
10-19-2004, 10:42 AM
You NEED to convince yourself to fold this UTG. If you can't convince yourself to make +EV plays, you're going to have a tough time overall. Dump it.

Rob