PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Captain - for Kurn

Barry
10-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Monday night FW's

The 20/40 game was pretty bad, so I wandered over to visit Angel Fish in her 4/8 game. There was an open seat so I sat down to play with her for a while.

About 1/2 hour into the game a fellow with very bad teeth came and sat at our table. He looked vaguely familiar. I looked at him for a while and then finally asked him if he was also known as "The Captain". He smiled at me and said yes, but he was now going incognito without his famous hat. We chat for a few minutes and I learn that his name is John.

Angel Fish is sitting to my right and I whisper to him that this fellow is a maniac. She nods and understands.

It is the Capt. second hand at the table and he is in the SB AF is in MP and limps in with QJs. As is normal there are about 5 other limpers and the Captain raises out of the SB.

The flop comes J high, AF calls, about 3 other callers. The captain bets the turn and only AF calls. The Captain bets the river and AF calls. The Captain turns over red A's and takes down the pot. The one thing about maniacs is that they always get paid off.

He and I chatted quite a bit as his stack dwindled from there and he rebought about 5 times. He's actually a nice guy and as a result Angel Fish "missed" value bets on the river when they were heads up about 5 times. As I again "gently" remind her that she should have bet the river, she tells me that since he's donating so much money to the table, she didn't want to rub it in too much. Oh well...

scrub
10-19-2004, 05:00 PM
It seems to this LAG that AF missed a flop raise and barring that a turn raise on the first hand... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-19-2004, 09:49 PM
The most amazing thing about the Captain is that he actually looks at his cards preflop. When I played 10/20 with him he saw 100% of flops and bet/raised/reraised/capped each time the action got to him preflop and on the flop.

That day he needed a fork-lift to get his chips to the cage. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mike Gallo
10-20-2004, 01:57 AM
Fred G Sanford and I played with him a few times at Foxwoods also.

Good luck tomorrow guys.

Barry
10-20-2004, 05:18 PM
That night a thimble would have been plenty to carry his chips.

He has really tightened up. He was only playing about 50% of his hands and actually limped in a few times.

Barry
10-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Ah yep, AF still misses more than a few raises and 3 bets.